Internet speed issue with my computer, but everyone else is fine.

Yusuke Komiya

I noticed that my internet speed when it came to games, such as Rainbow Six Siege or PUBG, is very slow. I use a CAT 5E Ethernet cable that is hooked up directly to my router. I tested another computer in my house, and the internet speed is faster when the cable is connected to other computer. Thus, there has to be a problem with my particular computer. It's an Z370 Aorus Gaming 5, and I have the latest drivers installed. 

5 hours ago, Yusuke Komiya said:

I noticed that my internet speed when it came to games, such as Rainbow Six Siege or PUBG, is very slow. I use a CAT 5E Ethernet cable that is hooked up directly to my router. I tested another computer in my house, and the internet speed is faster when the cable is connected to other computer. Thus, there has to be a problem with my particular computer. It's an Z370 Aorus Gaming 5, and I have the latest drivers installed. 

Have you checked for anything running in the background that would be using lots of bandwidth? (I would also recommend turning off 'Delivery Optimization' and seeing if that fixes it, its been known to use a ton of bandwidth).

How are you testing on your computer vs the other computer?

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

7 hours ago, Yusuke Komiya said:

Have you checked if the ethernet port on your computer is gigabit?

did you use the same cable in both computers?

54 minutes ago, mtz_federico said:

Have you checked if the ethernet port on your computer is gigabit?

did you use the same cable in both computers?

The Motherboard Spec confirms that the port on his computer is Gigabit, he provided the information. here:

8 hours ago, Yusuke Komiya said:

9 minutes ago, BakugoHero said:

The Motherboard Spec confirms that the port on his computer is Gigabit, he provided the information. here:

Then the questions are:

did you use the same ethernet cable on both computers when testing?

have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

7 hours ago, mtz_federico said:

Then the questions are:

did you use the same ethernet cable on both computers when testing?

have you tried reinstalling the drivers?

I have tested the same cable on other computers. They are working up to full speed while mine is notably slower. 

10 hours ago, bobbyd52 said:

Have you checked for anything running in the background that would be using lots of bandwidth? (I would also recommend turning off 'Delivery Optimization' and seeing if that fixes it, its been known to use a ton of bandwidth).

I haven't tried that it. I will see how it goes.