Hauppauge Tuner driver on FreeNAS for plex

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Hauppauge WinTV quadHD tuner to be able to live stream and record tv with plex on my FreeNAS box. I had read that it was compatible with linux and I overlooked that FreeNAS is not a distribution of linux but FreeBSD.

At this point, I am looking for somekind of driver or a way to use and somewhat convert linux driver to make it work on FreeNAS.

If you have any better idea, don’t hesitate ;)

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

I did something similar not to long ago, ended up not liking it and going with a network attached tuner as it's super simple to use with Plex. 

For your issue look here https://www.reddit.com/r/unRAID/comments/8w8dzx/hauppauge_wintv_quadhd_4xtv_tuner_unraid/ 

I had to do similar and played around with different drivers until it worked in plex.