Hdmi and DisplayPort

Panakko

Hi

I got a MSI mag24cr monitor for christmas and everything is fantastic about it.

First I used hdmi on it and ran 144hz just fine and I enabled the fastest response time (1 ms). After a while i changed to DisplayPort because i heard it  was better. But when I checked the settings i couldn`t enable The fastest response time.

Why cant I ?

3 minutes ago, Panakko said:

Hi

I got a MSI mag24cr monitor for christmas and everything is fantastic about it.

First I used hdmi on it and ran 144hz just fine and I enabled the fastest response time (1 ms). After a while i changed to DisplayPort because i heard it  was better. But when I checked the settings i couldn`t enable The fastest response time.

So i wondered If hdmi has better response time then DisplayPort?

Usually, the only way to get high refresh rates is through display port.  What monitor do you have?

*Not an expert*

I think it depends on the display port generation (either the current or last one was called 1.2) but I'm pretty sure Display port is generally better for a computer use case:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/2030669/laptop-accessories/hdmi-vs-displayport-which-display-interface-reigns-supreme.html

I remember reading a while back that (generally) Display port can handle the same resolutions at HDMI but at a higher refresh rate and/or for more displays.

18 hours ago, dray32 said:

Usually, the only way to get high refresh rates is through display port.  What monitor do you have?

Its in The description