light leaking from monitor plastic frame ?

samiur

i am noticing some light leaking from my 1080p acer panel . The IPS screen is ok and normal but the upper left corner gap between the frame and the panel is leaking some light . It's not visible when my room light is on but if i look close after closing the room light i can see the light which is coming from gap of the panel and the frame . Is it normal ? How can i fix this without taking apart the panel ? please answer . TIA

Unfortunatly this is a common defect that most manufactuers wont cover for, Unless its a massive amount. Backlight Bleed (BLB) is considered 'normal' on monitors, however on TVs it is far less prevalent due to tighter tolarences in QA.

IPS also suffers from IPS glow which is somtimes mistaken for BLB. Esssential IPS glow is where the entire screen radiates a glow when viewed of angle. This is present on all IPS displays.

There isnt really a 100% fix, u can attempt to pinch the corner of the bezel,  tighening and loosen the screws in that area which can have some affect but it wont be a 100% fix.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

Unfortunatly this is a common defect that most manufactuers wont cover for, Unless its a massive amount. Backlight Bleed (BLB) is considered 'normal' on monitors, however on TVs it is far less prevalent due to tighter tolarences in QA.

IPS also suffers from IPS glow which is somtimes mistaken for BLB. Esssential IPS glow is where the entire screen radiates a glow when viewed of angle. This is present on all IPS displays.

I think they are talking about light leaking "out of" their monitor, not backlight bleed.??

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

1 minute ago, SolarNova said:

the light actually not coming from the panel but it can be noticed in the small line that seperates the screen and the bezel ? is it what is called IPS bleeding ? . please clarify 

4 minutes ago, samiur said:

the light actually not coming from the panel but it can be noticed in the small line that seperates the screen and the bezel ? is it what is called IPS bleeding ? . please clarify 

Can u provide a picture ?

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

41 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Can u provide a picture ?

i have managed to take a shot but although its bright but can't be noticed when the monitor is running on normal light and brightness

is it normal ? 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MdxTere3caDcLhk2oZHXtjd0lAejwy7U/view?usp=sharing

but not visible on bright light 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hgIr3v4Xp-zn7yRhdCXlkIrc4kpMJ9QE/view?usp=sharing

Ohhh .. ok yea not BLB.

From my understanding most monitors that have bezels like that should have a insert to stop what is being shown.

I would remove the bezel and see if it is in place/present, if not you can do DIY a fix, using what ever u can get ur hands on that can act as a kind of gaskit layer, anything from some thin foam sheets u can cut to shape, or some rubber sealant u can put a thin bead along the inner edge.

5 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Ohhh .. ok yea not BLB.

From my understanding most monitors that have bezels like that should have a insert to stop what is being shown.

I would remove the bezel and see if it is in place/present, if not you can do DIY a fix, using what ever u can get ur hands on that can act as a kind of gaskit layer, anything from some thin foam sheets u can cut to shape, or some rubber sealant u can put a thin bead along the inner edge.

Its seems rather complex, i am not  inclined to tore it apart . So according to your opinion is it normal with LED monitor to leak lights from bezels ? and if so can i just avoid it because unless i look very close i can't really notice the light 

20 hours ago, samiur said:

Its seems rather complex, i am not  inclined to tore it apart . So according to your opinion is it normal with LED monitor to leak lights from bezels ? and if so can i just avoid it because unless i look very close i can't really notice the light 

I would not be surprised to see it on very cheap monitors ( i still wouldnt like it), however on more average priced ones and especialy high end ones i would not expect to see such a thing.

Im sure if its within its warrantyperiod you could get it sorted.