does buying a dvi-d cable will fix my 'out of frequency' problem ?

Hi, so i have an issue that whenever i create a custom resolution up to ( xxxx X 1100 ) it shows " out of frequency ".
i'm using now D-SUB or VGA and the monitor does support DVI-D as well as my graphic card, so will it help ? 
Graphic Card : Nvidia Quadro 400

Monitor : Fujitsu A19-2A
thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What custom resolution are you making? I wouldn't go over the native res, it will just look bad.

i was looking for like 2560x2048 and the i will do dpi windows 10 scale to like 150% or something so it won't look like too big..

Are you raising your refresh rate? Overclocking refresh rate can cause that

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

1 minute ago, sa.saru98 said:

i was looking for like 2560x2048 and the i will do dpi windows 10 scale to like 150% or something so it won't look like too big..

running at 100% at native res will look much better as you don;t have to deal with the blurry monitor scaling.

1 minute ago, fluxdeity said:

Are you raising your refresh rate? Overclocking refresh rate can cause that

im using now 75hz but i tried at 60hz/ 65hz/ 70hz as well thats the only options there beside 85hz which does go out of frequency ..

If you're using a 60HZ monitor put it on 60 if you're using one of those 75hz then put it on 75hz. Make sure your new resolution is original aspect ratio of monitor and you should be good.

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 4ghz @ 1.35v  CPU Cooler: Mugen 5 Rev b  Motherboard: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon  GPU: Zotac RTX 2060 +150/+1000 Memory: 16GB Viper 4 @ 3200 CL14 Samsung B-die  Storage: 1TB Patriot VPN100 NVMe; 500GB 860evo; 128gb 840pro CaseCooler Master Q500L  PSU: CX750M V2 Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Other: 6 Corsair LL Fans; 2 aRGB Strips

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

running at 100% at native res will look much better as you don;t have to deal with the blurry monitor scaling.

the problem is i'm a web developer and i need a big screen so i develop like very compatible websites like 
1400 width at minimum thats why i'm trying to increase it 

Just now, sa.saru98 said:

the problem is i'm a web developer and i need a big screen so i develop like very compatible websites like 
1400 width at minimum thats why i'm trying to increase it 

So run browser scaling for those sites or use vms or change the res for those sites, and leave it at native for the rest of the work.

But really, id just get a better monitor.

I'm not too sure how Nvidia works but in AMD you just open the Radeon settings and make a custom resolution. Restart PC and then right click desktop and click display settings, then click new resolution.

1 minute ago, fluxdeity said:

If you're using a 60HZ monitor put it on 60 if you're using one of those 75hz then put it on 75hz. Make sure your new resolution is original aspect ratio of monitor and you should be good.

you mean i stay with my vga cable and put it to 60hz and it would work fine without out of frequncy ?
if that so i tried but still .. the same problem

So run browser scaling for those sites or use vms or change the res for those sites, and leave it at native for the rest of the work.

But really, id just get a better monitor.

i'm working with that now but it's kinda not working well cause the only scaling permetted are 90% 75%  and i need specific sizes .. it either be smaller than needed or bigger ..

1 minute ago, sa.saru98 said:

i'm working with that now but it's kinda not working well cause the only scaling permetted are 90% 75%  and i need specific sizes .. it either be smaller than needed or bigger ..

vms?

2 minutes ago, fluxdeity said:

I'm not too sure how Nvidia works but in AMD you just open the Radeon settings and make a custom resolution. Restart PC and then right click desktop and click display settings, then click new resolution.

i did that on nvidia made my custom resolution but if i use the supported resolutions for 5:4 aspect ratio which is my monitor it goes to out of frequency and i read in some places like vga's max resolution is 1920X1080 so i assumed it won't at vga .. since i tried above it it doesn't work while when i tried 1920x1080 it worked but doesn't look even fine at all ..

vms?

.. which is ? ..

Well VGA is analog, so that may be the problem. Dual link dvi is digital and may work better.

anyway i'm going to buy a dvi cable and see if it helps, does cost only 3$ so..
.. will reply with the results..

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

a virtual machine, you can run any res you want and scale in there.

ahah well didn't taught about this.. i'll try it as well, thanks

hi!
i found only a single link dvi-d will it work the same as a dual link one?