the right custom resolution for my minitor..

sa.saru98

hi, so i have a 5:4 monitor and im using it now at 1280x1024 resolution 
i want to increase the resolution i tried custom resolutions on nvidia control panel but can't get the screen to be either blurry or scaled good 
i was wondering if i can user like windows 10 dpi scale but it doesn't reduce less than 100%
and  can't afford to buy a new display for the moment
is there like any way or  program even if i use like 16:9 resolution and leave black spaces on the display like a movie or something lol anything would be fine
* i have a quadro 400 btw and im using a vga cable im going to change to a dvi cable which is better..

Just use a resolution that is a multiple of the Base resolution, so something like 2560x2048. The scaling will be a bit odd but you can fiddle with the settings. 

Content that is 16:9 should just scale automatically, otherwise the resolution will be 1280x720 

That's an F in the profile pic

6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Just use a resolution that is a multiple of the Base resolution, so something like 2560x2048. The scaling will be a bit odd but you can fiddle with the settings. 

Content that is 16:9 should just scale automatically, otherwise the resolution will be 1280x720 

i tried that but it seem the monitor go out of frequency its max resolution i can get in without out of frequency is
XXXX x 1100
i tried to make a custom 1100 resolution good but it looks very much blurry and won't like scale back to the size of the monitor ..

1 minute ago, sa.saru98 said:

i tried that but it seem the monitor go out of frequency its max resolution i can get in without out of frequency is
XXXX x 1100
i tried to make a custom 1100 resolution good but it looks very much blurry and won't like scale back to the size of the monitor ..

The problem is that if you use a resolution that isn't an integer multiple of the Base resolution then it try to assign parts of pixels to one pixel. With an integer multiple you will have, for example, 4 pixels assigned to every one real pixel and you scaling will work well.

Custom resolutions won't make that much of a difference in sharpness imo. 

You must also remember that your ports and cables will have bandwidth limits 

That's an F in the profile pic

1 minute ago, Froody129 said:

The problem is that if you use a resolution that isn't an integer multiple of the Base resolution then it try to assign parts of pixels to one pixel. With an integer multiple you will have, for example, 4 pixels assigned to every one real pixel and you scaling will work well.

Custom resolutions won't make that much of a difference in sharpness imo. 

You must also remember that your ports and cables will have bandwidth limits 

so.. what custom resolution would you recommend to try
btw i found this hack on registry like changes the dpi scale lower than 100 but it seems it isn't working really less than 100% ..
https://superuser.com/questions/1328938/scale-100-on-windows-10