2560x1080p at 34 inch question

Alex.lap89

A 2560 by 1080p 34 inch monitor is that bad? I am building a budget for gaming and i am not super fancy. Everyone seems to tell me that a 3440 - 1440p monitor is necessary but it's pricey and would require me to increase my gpu to maximize my experience. 

thank you for the feedback 

It depends on how close to the monitor you will sit. I tend to always look at the chart below, so in your case if you're roughly 1.2m or closer to the monitor you will notice the difference, but it won't be "necessary".

tv-size-distance-chart.png

Its perfectly fine for gaming and media consumption (Movies, videos etc).

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

If you are competitive gamer and play multiplayer game or battle Royale than you should go for 1080p due to higher frame rates but if you play single player games or open world games frame rates are not that important and it will be a more enjoyable experience for you at higher resolution.

You should watch this video from Linus tech tips, will help you choose: https://youtu.be/ehvz3iN8pp4

30 minutes ago, monjessenstein said:

It depends on how close to the monitor you will sit. I tend to always look at the chart below, so in your case if you're roughly 1.2m or closer to the monitor you will notice the difference, but it won't be "necessary".

tv-size-distance-chart.png

Finally having long arms will be worth something, thank you for the chart. 

13 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Its perfectly fine for gaming and media consumption (Movies, videos etc).

That's what i plan to do anyway. 

8 minutes ago, Naman Malik said:

If you are competitive gamer and play multiplayer game or battle Royale than you should go for 1080p due to higher frame rates but if you play single player games or open world games frame rates are not that important and it will be a more enjoyable experience for you at higher resolution.

You should watch this video from Linus tech tips, will help you choose: https://youtu.be/ehvz3iN8pp4

Thank you, 

Will look at it on my break.