trying to boot from usb

jameslarkin

My problem, how do i boot from USB ? On this PC ?

550x550.jpg?fingerprint=24c15b1f50303f59

model pc= P6-2260ea

i3-2120 3.30gz

6gb dual ram

mobo = H-Joshua-H61-uATX 

Hi im trying to boot from a USB to install windows 8, i watched the following video on creating a bootable usb pen drive 

what have i tried ?

I first tried to make a usb 3.0 bootable pen drive this didn't work

then i tried making one on a usb 2.0 as someone else had the same problem and this work for him (not for me)

I have tried to set up the boot order the best way i can (https://imgur.com/a/Gkm71HZ)

0ncPhByg.jpg

I have tried resetting the bios by swapping round what i think the were the correct jumpers (https://imgur.com/a/IZELjvL)

9zILWLjg.jpg

using the following instructions ( https://imgur.com/a/ZWEUkZP ) from the following page https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03135925]

VMihuVNg.png

I have tried different usb port on the pc both front and behind but honestly im not sure which one to use they all seem to be reading the usb drive 

What am i doing wrong ?

What does your file layout look like?

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

... That guy doesn't really know what he is doing, (I mean he has the right idea) but the way he does it is inefficient, and he doesn't discuss key steps that are easy to get wrong.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

CxGb9psg.jpg

i would do a print screen but i have a mac keyboard and there is no print screen button that i can get to work 

SNIP

1 minute ago, Wh0_Am_1 said:

When you first tried did you move the ISO to the USB as single folder or when you were done where there multiple folders labeled things like: efi, boot, sources, and etc.?

multiple folders labeled things like: efi, boot, sources,

just like the photo i took  :)

CxGb9psg.jpg&key=b3a2b51abbb7882533e25a4

2 minutes ago, jameslarkin said:

multiple folders labeled things like: efi, boot, sources,

just like the photo i took  :)

CxGb9psg.jpg&key=b3a2b51abbb7882533e25a4

It looks right, I am going to need a few to double check though.

what things do i need to check before doing somehting like this, its my first try ?

Usually you format (preferably deep format) the removable drive as either FAT 32, or EXFAT, then you download the iso, copy the files from the iso and move them to the drive, then you power up your computer, insert the drive, (usually as this depends on the computer) spam escape,  select boot menu, then you select the drive which is usually named after the manufacturer and press enter, this will (usually) start the windows installation, follow the setup instructions, after that you then select custom setup (if available) in which you may need to format the boot drive, or delete/ make partitions in order to comply with the default file format, and then continue to  follow the installation instructions until setup is complete. 

i got it working, seems to be the bootable creation method was shit, i used the rufas method im now in setup :) so happy my first time :)

2 minutes ago, jameslarkin said:

i got it working, seems to be the bootable creation method was shit, i used the rufas method im now in setup :) so happy my first time :)

Congrats!

You were missing the support folder in the screenshot that you posted.

Your welcome! ?