Ram not recognized by mobo

NeonZ

Hello everyone.

So um kinda new here, and um in desperate need of help.. So heres what happened

I had a 4gb ram ( DDR 4 ) and i bought another 4gb ( DDR4)  to go with it [ Different brands ]. However, My mobo unfortunately isnt recognizing one of them when i try to run them together.. 

Things I have tried so far
1) Tried to run my PC with each ram individually.. Both works 
2) Tried placing each ram individually on different slots .. Both works
3) The ram is compatible with my mobo.. and yes, both ram has the same DDR and bus speed. 
4) If i place my old ram on SLOT 1 and new ram on SLOT 2.. my PC doesnt start . However, vice-versa works, but one of them doesnt respond.

My mobo:  Gigabyte H110M-DS2V-CF

6 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Hello everyone.

So um kinda new here, and um in desperate need of help.. So heres what happened

I had a 4gb ram ( DDR 4 ) and i bought another 4gb ( DDR4)  to go with it [ Different brands ]. However, My mobo unfortunately isnt recognizing one of them when i try to run them together.. 

Things I have tried so far
1) Tried to run my PC with each ram individually.. Both works 
2) Tried placing each ram individually on different slots .. Both works
3) The ram is compatible with my mobo.. and yes, both ram has the same DDR and bus speed. 
4) If i place my old ram on SLOT 1 and new ram on SLOT 2.. my PC doesnt start . However, vice-versa works, but one of them doesnt respond.

My mobo:  Gigabyte H110M-DS2V-CF

are both ram sticks dual channel or is one maybe single channel only?

I'm afraid there's no real solution other than just buying identical sticks. Mixing and matching RAM isn't a good way to go about things. It's likely that one of the sticks has a different number of ranks than the other.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

with one stick in

disable xmp

make sure ram is at default speeds of 2133

try again

Some details:

Which ram sticks? If they're too different we'll let you know. Not just brand, but speed and CAS latency too.

Also, when happens when you go to the BIOS with both ram dimms installed? I'm not sure if "one doesn't respond" means it's not detected in your operating system or you can't see it no matter what.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

@narrdarr  hmm i couldn't find how to enable xmp from bios yet.. 

@fasauceome I have matched both of their bus speed and all. And when i place both rams, the dimm only shows one. Either Slot 1 or slot 2.. but not both.. Its my mobo thats not detecting. I would be less worried if it was an issue with my operating system. 

19 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

@narrdarr  hmm i couldn't find how to enable xmp from bios yet.. 

@fasauceome I have matched both of their bus speed and all. And when i place both rams, the dimm only shows one. Either Slot 1 or slot 2.. but not both.. Its my mobo thats not detecting. I would be less worried if it was an issue with my operating system. 

clear cmos with both in

see if it works

@narrdarr thankyou soo very much.. um really out of words to thank you for. it worked. Had to reset BIOS ( aka clear cmos ) and it worked within an instant.

Everyone who had replied. Thankyou for your support and very much appreciated. 

Try running both at same speed. The cas latency might be different and the chipset