G-SYNC on FreeSync monitors

LinusOnLine

Perhaps we should start a thread where you can put down if your FreeSync monitor works with G-SYNC now that the driver is out?

I am happy to say that my dirt cheap AOC C32G1 works perfectly with the new driver and G-SYNC.

Is it worth enabling it on a 144Hz monitor? I have an Acer XF240H

Will have to test it more to decide what I think about it. Just amazed it worked on what is probably the cheapest 32 inch 144hz display in existence :) 

I see very slight amount of tearing and it doesn't matter to me, I'd rather just stick with not using it at all, since It can still increase input lag by a small amount.

Already did it.

Probs best if we merge the threads and make a sticky for a list of monitors that work well with G-SYNC

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

2 hours ago, D13H4RD said:

Already did it.

Probs best if we merge the threads and make a sticky for a list of monitors that work well with G-SYNC

Sure I wrote in my info but you should probably mention FreeSync in the title or many people will not know that is what is tested.

disregard

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430