Blender 2.8 binding to bones. Help!

i'm a hair away from dropping blender 2.8 and never coming back to it. so, all im trying to F**king to is parent to a bone. 

728374800_hand1.PNG.465dd226e28782c84adbf2bc544419e3.PNG

so, I parent to bone and this happens. 

1609759238_bone2.PNG.e2da811defbc98a3c0ca8465c80d5db7.PNG

ive cleared parents and everything, to say that im getting pissed off is putting it as an understatement. I cant even go back to 2.79. to say im already not digging this update. wtf is going on?! 

15 minutes ago, Matthewv1998 said:

I cant even go back to 2.79. to say im already not digging this update. wtf is going on?! 

Unfortunately I can't help you with the problem in 2.8, since I also decided to drop it because not all features were implemented / it crashed on me a bunch. However, I have been getting my stuff back to 2.79 by simply exporting the objects to FBX (or OBJ or whichever you prefer) and then importing them in a 2.79 project. This works just fine, since the problem I had when opening stuff from 2.8 in 2.79 and vice versa was simply that one uses layers and the other uses groups (as far as I understood at least).

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

25 minutes ago, martward said:

Unfortunately I can't help you with the problem in 2.8, since I also decided to drop it because not all features were implemented / it crashed on me a bunch. However, I have been getting my stuff back to 2.79 by simply exporting the objects to FBX (or OBJ or whichever you prefer) and then importing them in a 2.79 project. This works just fine, since the problem I had when opening stuff from 2.8 in 2.79 and vice versa was simply that one uses layers and the other uses groups (as far as I understood at least).

I was able to get it back into 2.79 by using the copy buffer (how it worked, I dont know) but with testing with a normal cube, it still shifts the object to where ever the hell it feels. this is rather infuruiating. doesn't help that all the damn keybinds are changed in 2.8. I have jack clue wtf they were smoking to decide to change that. 

1 minute ago, Matthewv1998 said:

I was able to get it back into 2.79 by using the copy buffer (how it worked, I dont know) but with testing with a normal cube, it still shifts the object to where ever the hell it feels. this is rather infuruiating. doesn't help that all the damn keybinds are changed in 2.8. I have jack clue wtf they were smoking to decide to change that. 

I feel ya brother. Eevee seems nice but it doesn't justify the shit 2.8 comes along with. Though we shouldn't forget that it's still in Beta. Maybe if you export is as an obj and then import it in 2.79 you will only get the mesh, and you would be able to assign new bones. I think obj is the filetype which retains the least amount of information but not sure. Maybe with the copy buffer you copied whatever f*ckery 2.8 did.

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, martward said:

I feel ya brother. Eevee seems nice but it doesn't justify the shit 2.8 comes along with. Though we shouldn't forget that it's still in Beta. Maybe if you export is as an obj and then import it in 2.79 you will only get the mesh, and you would be able to assign new bones. I think obj is the filetype which retains the least amount of information but not sure. Maybe with the copy buffer you copied whatever f*ckery 2.8 did.

idk, all I did was press A to make sure everything was selected, copied it and pasted it into 2.79, they use the same file directory so. I guess it just works. not gonna complain though.

16 minutes ago, martward said:

so , so far what it seems to be doing is that, when I parent any object to the bone. it shifts that object up when parenting, I dont know why. but im crossing my fingers hard that this is a bug

I'm not really familiar with armatures, I'm basically a noob who only played around with characters ones or twice and is mostly learning objects. Hope you'll be able to get it to work :).

My System:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, martward said:

I'm not really familiar with armatures, I'm basically a noob who only played around with characters ones or twice and is mostly learning objects. Hope you'll be able to get it to work :).

well, reason why it pisses me off is that I have 3.3k hours in blender and for that to happen pisses me off. so yeah