Brainstorming computer, limited knowledge, send help! -BaguetteFrench23

So, i’m Brainstorming a system build under 1,500 U.S dollars and I cam eup with this. I have a limited knowledge of computers but I definitely know what I’m doing (kind of). Spent the past day working on this list and it looks good. My concerns:

1) Says there may be a compatibility issue about the m.2 SSD messing around with the saga port and I’m not sure if that is something to worry about

2) would this build be able to run 2-3 monitors, as this will be a computer used for work

Here is the list:

(thanks for any help I receive!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/yjjdP3 

What the m.2 thing means is that it uses up the bandwidth of the port (it's pretty much just populating the port) so the port is disabled. Just plug the storage into a different SATA port.

You can get a cheaper windows key, $100 is sooo much. eBay has some offerings.

What do you mean when you say "work"?

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

1 minute ago, mxk. said:

What the m.2 thing means is that it uses up the bandwidth of the port (it's pretty much just populating the port) so the port is disabled. Just plug the storage into a different SATA port.

You can get a cheaper windows key, $100 is sooo much. eBay has some offerings.

What do you mean when you say "work"?

1) So would the m.2 issue affect my computer build at all, or is it not really an issue.

2) I’ll look on eBay for some cheaper prices right now, thank you!

3) Programming and video editing (multiple monitors would make it easier to multitask, which is why I went with this graphics card)

Just now, BaguetteFrench23 said:

1) So would the m.2 issue affect my computer build at all, or is it not really an issue.

3) Programming and video editing (multiple monitors would make it easier to multitask, which is why I went with this graphics card)

You're going to get better multi tasking and workload related performance out of Ryzen. Intel really isn't king anymore..

The m.2 issue won't impact you in any way unless you were planning to populate every SATA port (you weren't).

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

4 minutes ago, mxk. said:

You're going to get better multi tasking and workload related performance out of Ryzen. Intel really isn't king anymore..

The m.2 issue won't impact you in any way unless you were planning to populate every SATA port (you weren't).

That sounds good. Also, would you happen to recommend any good ryzen cpu’s Around the same price as what I was going for with the i5?

7 minutes ago, BaguetteFrench23 said:

1) no

2) good idea, kinguin and g2a are good to look into too

3) adobe? or something else

I'll be back, you can do much better for that money

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Thanks so much for sharing your opinion and own build design. It actually looks quite good, but I just have a few questions/concerns-

1) So that processor would run programs like codeblock and Vegas pro more efficiently than the i5 would?

2) Would that cooler be able to keep that processor down to good temps, and wouldn’t a water cooled cpu perform better?

3) I would preferrably run Windows 8.1 pro rather than Windows 10 based on performance research I did and some cool features. Would that be an issue with the new processor?

9 minutes ago, mxk. said:

How much better is turing for work that pascal?

it does make a difference in programs that can use the tensor cores, and some already can, and perhaps some will follow

8 minutes ago, BaguetteFrench23 said:

1) So that processor would run programs like codeblock and Vegas pro more efficiently than the i5 would?

2) Would that cooler be able to keep that processor down to good temps, and wouldn’t a water cooled cpu perform better?

3) I would preferrably run Windows 8.1 pro rather than Windows 10 based on performance research I did and some cool features. Would that be an issue with the new processor?

1) It's more cores, so I guess yes, but I'm not that familiair with what vegas utilizes in a system

2) It's actually a really good cooler for the price, but if you want the cooling potential of that aio, get a nhd-15 or dark rock pro 4 for half the price of a good asetek aio

3) not sure, I know ryzen has some problems with 7, but I'm not sure about 8.1...

Edited by LukeSavenije

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

3)  not sure, I know ryzen has some problems with 7, but I'm not sure about 8.1...

I'm going to take a guess they don't even make drivers for 8.1 on the motherboards.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

35 minutes ago, mxk. said:

I'm going to take a guess they don't even make drivers for 8.1 on the motherboards.

What do you mean by that. Will that affect my original build?!

The x470 boards from gigabyte (only one I checked) still have windows 7 drivers. They should work on win 8.1 as well. 

5 hours ago, BaguetteFrench23 said:

What do you mean by that. Will that affect my original build?!

Drivers for the operating system have to exist to be able to install it. I wasn't sure if there were ones for w8.1 but there are so it won't affect anything

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra

On 1/14/2019 at 9:09 AM, mxk. said:

Drivers for the operating system have to exist to be able to install it. I wasn't sure if there were ones for w8.1 but there are so it won't affect anything

Wouldn’t I be able to download the drivers once I have built the computer?

On 1/14/2019 at 5:12 AM, Manderis said:

The x470 boards from gigabyte (only one I checked) still have windows 7 drivers. They should work on win 8.1 as well. 

Awesome, thank yahhhh!

50 minutes ago, BaguetteFrench23 said:

Wouldn’t I be able to download the drivers once I have built the computer?

Sometimes companies don't make the drivers at all, I just wasn't sure.

aorus pro z390

evga 3070 ultra