Waiting for clinical results may be a thing of the past.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

Hospitals do have a unified database, but there is no common personal database between android or Apple.

Why does that need to exist? All that's needed is some way to access your personal record in the Hospital's database.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

TheApple Watch is one of the most accurate monitoring devices for heart rate, ecg etc.

Maybe, if you want to spend $400+ and those specific metrics are actually useful to you. And as @Thaldor pointed out, it may be accurate relative to the average wristband but that doesn't make it medical grade. If your health depends on regularly measuring your heart rate, you should use a dedicated tool.

1 hour ago, RorzNZ said:

When Google invests into health as Apple does, we might see this change, but right now there is no competition. 

Any company can release an android smartwatch (there are plenty), I don't see what Google is supposed to do... this has nothing to do with their product (android).  The Apple Watch isn't a feature of iOS, it's a separate product that works with iOS phones.

And I don't see why you need a smartwatch to check your hospital data...

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Why does that need to exist? All that's needed is some way to access your personal record in the Hospital's database.

There is already a way to access your personal records in the hospital database. It's called phoning them up, this is a much more convenient way, and you are able to have all your hospital records here. Most countries have separate databases for different districts. Its quite troublesome getting doctors and the different DHBs to collaborate in an effective way due to how their systems are managed. 

Maybe, if you want to spend $400+ and those specific metrics are actually useful to you. And as @Thaldor pointed out, it may be accurate relative to the average wristband but that doesn't make it medical grade. If your health depends on regularly measuring your heart rate, you should use a dedicated tool.

I've tested it myself, thats how I know. 

Any company can release an android smartwatch (there are plenty), I don't see what Google is supposed to do... this has nothing to do with their product (android).  The Apple Watch isn't a feature of iOS, it's a separate product that works with iOS phones.

Apple Watch uses special sensors and metrics to measure your heart rate, which is very accurate and comparable. It is a testament to how much Apple puts into medical research applications for its devices. 

And I don't see why you need a smartwatch to check your hospital data...

The Health app is on iDevices. 

25 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I've tested it myself, thats how I know.

Hooray for anecdotal evidence with no science to back it up...

26 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

Apple Watch uses special sensors and metrics to measure your heart rate, which is very accurate and comparable. It is a testament to how much Apple puts into medical research applications for its devices.

This wouldn't have been out of place in an advertisement for the watch... and honestly it's just buzz words unless you can prove any of it with rigurous testing.

27 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The Health app is on iDevices. 

I think you're missing my point - there doesn't need to be any "investment into medical research" to have a competent application that conveniently displays your medical record, and it doesn't require you to have any additional accessory. And it's not up to Google to make that application; anyone who believes there's a market for it can go and make it. Apple made their own specifically so they could sell you the watch integration, Google has no such incentive.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

Hooray for anecdotal evidence with no science to back it up...

I literally compared it to an ECG, but ok whatever u want. 

Just now, Sauron said:

This wouldn't have been out of place in an advertisement for the watch... and honestly it's just buzz words unless you can prove any of it with rigurous testing.

I think you're missing my point - there doesn't need to be any "investment into medical research" to have a competent application that conveniently displays your medical record, and it doesn't require you to have any additional accessory.

Patients are very thick-skinned when it comes to their own diagnosis, there is a need. If we can develop these mobile technologies further, this opens the doors to new screening programs using mobile devices. People do not visit the doctor regularly, they do not care for themselves well enough, and people are very skeptical. If we can help people with reminders to get screened for certain conditions and visit the doctor regularly, and correlate their health with their data, this will be very beneficial to their health. You misplace the investment on just getting patients records to them as soon as possible. 

The Health App has the potential to display your lifestyle along with your health records, and from numerous DHBs. There is no cross-application for all your records unless you go to just one hospital, there will always be data gaps. With the Health App we can have a very complete picture. 

Just now, Sauron said:

And it's not up to Google to make that application; anyone who believes there's a market for it can go and make it. Apple made their own specifically so they could sell you the watch integration, Google has no such incentive.

The Health App is free. 

21 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

The Health App is free. 

Well somewhere the development money comes from. For Googles Fit, it's selling your data, for Samsungs S Health and Apples Health it's selling you a device.

Also as long as it's Apple we are talking about, this whole thing is as pointless as calling MIDI-interface "globally supported" when it actually only works with Garage Band. Because it will be a day when unicorns descent from mountains and rain turns to wine when Apple makes something that actually works with other devices than iDevices and last time I checked Android was still way ahead in market share compared to iOS. So Apple coming out with this is more like them starting a marketing campaing to get hospitals and other healthcare sell iPhones and Apple Watches, because this will never work with anything else, at least in it's full potential, and that's where Apple is going to dig their money. And compared to this the Project Bali actually seems a lot more feasible because it's not limited to certain devices, even though the other side of the coin is that Microsoft most probably is going to sell your data.

I see the commercials now

"Thanks to verizion's amazing coverage, I knew I had cancer right away, even during my hiking trip!"

Also

"Mr John Doe, 

Your endoscopy came back positive. It looks like you have less than 6 moths to live

Sent from My iPhone 11
"

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Where i live we get all of our health records through our insurance providers database immediately and it doesn't matter where you go for treatment. Since its web based you don't need any special hardware aside from an internet connection. From my point of view the "app" is pointless. Unless of course you live somewhere that things are heavily fragmented.