Indoor TV antenna question

Donut417

Realistically if I had one of those flat TV antennas with amp, how much coax could I run that thru before its not usable? Basically we live in a two story house. TV's on the second floor on the north side of the house get fairly good reception, at least 98% reliability on most channels. Those on the first floor, get some TV when it feels like working. While we do have streaming via Netflix, Hulu Live and Amazon, we also have a data cap of 1TB. We can very close to going over last month. So if I needed to run that antenna thru lets say 50+ feet of coax would it be able to provide a fairly good signal to one of the TV's on the first floor. I would be connecting the coax jack in the room on the second floor to the one on the first floor, so no splitters or bull shit in between. 

Before you ask, yes I did look in to network TV tuners. Issue is the best one I found which were from Silicon Dust, dont work with Roku. And if Im spending that kind of money I would want them to work with multiple TVs and we use both Fire Sticks and Roku in the house. But only one of the TV's with a fire stick is having issues while two with Roku have issues. I figure by doing this I take the heaviest streaming user, my mom and give her another option. This way we dont be owe Comcast extra money each month. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

It's more about layout. You should be on an external wall for best option, can also try different sides of house to see if you get better reception. You should be able to run < 75 ft with minimal issues if it's amplified. I would try different positions first. Also, maybe a stronger antenna?

7 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

It's more about layout. You should be on an external wall for best option, can also try different sides of house to see if you get better reception. You should be able to run < 75 ft with minimal issues if it's amplified. I would try different positions first. Also, maybe a stronger antenna?

FIrst all I dont need to try a different side of the house. All the broadcast's come from the north, which is where all the antennas are located, expect one. The issue is the first floor antennas cant get enough height, theres kinda this thing called a ceiling in place. Which is why we need to put the antenna on the second floor, to give it height and so the big ass concrete sound proofing wall the state put in for I94 doesnt block the signal. But if 75 feet of coax would work, then I guess I have no issues. 

9 minutes ago, TheFlyingTraut said:

maybe a stronger antenna

The antenna in my moms room and the one feeding the Living room are both the same kind/brand. The one on the second floor works, the one on the first doesnt. What I have learned with these is you need them as high as you can get them. The higher the better. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.