R5 2600 on B450 + RX 580 Build 2019

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this forum. This would be my 4th build, even though the last one I made goes back to 4th gen intel so I might be a little rusty on the topic.

What I am planning to do is to get a good value build for mild OC, trying to cut out all the extra features I don't need, so some tips would be apreciated and probably required. I don't wanna push my cpu more than 4.0 - 4.1, since I will be using the pc mainly for 1080p gaming on a 75 hz monitor. I'm not from the US, so I'l try to specify prices as they are right now in my country.

So here we go:

CASE:

Phanteks Eclipse P350X (65$)

Not much to say here, I think this is just a good allround solid choice for the money, it boasts everything I need, it's cheap, great construction quality and a good airflow. Alternatives I considered are NZXT S340 (same price) and Fractal Design Focus G (45$). Fan setup will be 2x SP fans in the front for intake and 1x in the back for exhaust, I guess it should be fine.

MOTHERBOARD:

MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC (130$)

I have done some reasearch on B450 and X470 mobos: the conslusion I came up to is that I probably don't need the extra features I would get with X470 chipset, since I do not need the additional slots. Therefore, having a look at VRMs and components quality, I think it wouldn't be a good idea to go for a X470 under the 180$ mark (to be clear Taichi or better). MSI B450 comes with the same VRM as MSI X470 Gaming plus (Same price), with a probably better heatsink, 1x m.2 heatsink, better audio quality and wi-fi, a feature that I would definately need, so for every other choice, especially with budget X470s, I'd have to take into account at least 20ish $ more for a PCI card.

CPU:

Ryzen 5 2600 (150$)

This choice had me struggle a bit and I still am. I'm not considering intel at all, since in my country it's very overpriced (200$ for 8400). 2600X though, would cost me 40$ more but I don't know if it is worth the gap, all depends on how stock 2600 cooler can handle OC on this configuration. I'm trying to figure out whether to pick 2600 with stock cooling, 2600 with a budget cooler (30 to 50$ dollar range), or 2600x (195$). Aftermarket cooler options would be probably Cryorig H5 (40$) or Arctic 33 eSports One (30$).

RAM:

Corsair Vengeance LPX/RGB 3200 mhz 2x8GB C16 (130$)

Not many choices in this section actually, B-dies are off the table, starting at 190$ for 16GB. I went for the safe choice, not that expensive, reliable, should get the job done. I just could save 15$ to get 3000 Mhz sticks instead, not worth imho.

GPU:

Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ SE 8GB (260$)

Good overall GPU, probably better than 1060 especially at this price (a 6GB MSI gaming X is around 300-310$). Frequencies may not be the highest, but this should have good cooling and performance overall. Right now I could get the same model of 590 for 275$ on a huge discount, but I will most likely stick to the 580 because of 590 very very high TDP.

STORAGE:

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 250GB (70$)

I don't need more than 250GB, not even planning to run another HDD or SSD, meaning more budget left and less lanes saturation. Same thoughts as for RAM.

PSU: 

520-600W around 50$, still choosing, I guess I will pick the one is the most value at the time I'll be buying all of this.

So that's it, I really would apreciate if some of you could give this a look, every thought is welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

Looks good to me. I'd recommend the Corsair CX550M in terms of PSU. 

36 minutes ago, 1kv said:

Looks good to me. I'd recommend the Corsair CX550M in terms of PSU. 

Thank you for the advice! Is there any chance I could go even cheaper? Non-modularity for me is not an issue, 70$ is the best price i can find for CX550M.

6 minutes ago, StdRoll said:

Thank you for the advice! Is there any chance I could go even cheaper? Non-modularity for me is not an issue, 70$ is the best price i can find for CX550M.

I wouldn't really recommend going below the Corsair CX range since PSUs below $50 tend to be unreliable. 

The CX450M is also an option (and is below $50): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B72VXE6

57 minutes ago, StdRoll said:

Hi everyone, I'm kinda new to this forum. This would be my 4th build, even though the last one I made goes back to 4th gen intel so I might be a little rusty on the topic.

What I am planning to do is to get a good value build for mild OC, trying to cut out all the extra features I don't need, so some tips would be apreciated and probably required. I don't wanna push my cpu more than 4.0 - 4.1, since I will be using the pc mainly for 1080p gaming on a 75 hz monitor. I'm not from the US, so I'l try to specify prices as they are right now in my country.

So here we go:

CASE:

Phanteks Eclipse P350X (65$)

Not much to say here, I think this is just a good allround solid choice for the money, it boasts everything I need, it's cheap, great construction quality and a good airflow. Alternatives I considered are NZXT S340 (same price) and Fractal Design Focus G (45$). Fan setup will be 2x SP fans in the front for intake and 1x in the back for exhaust, I guess it should be fine.

MOTHERBOARD:

MSI B450 Pro Carbon AC (130$)

I have done some reasearch on B450 and X470 mobos: the conslusion I came up to is that I probably don't need the extra features I would get with X470 chipset, since I do not need the additional slots. Therefore, having a look at VRMs and components quality, I think it wouldn't be a good idea to go for a X470 under the 180$ mark (to be clear Taichi or better). MSI B450 comes with the same VRM as MSI X470 Gaming plus (Same price), with a probably better heatsink, 1x m.2 heatsink, better audio quality and wi-fi, a feature that I would definately need, so for every other choice, especially with budget X470s, I'd have to take into account at least 20ish $ more for a PCI card.

CPU:

Ryzen 5 2600 (150$)

This choice had me struggle a bit and I still am. I'm not considering intel at all, since in my country it's very overpriced (200$ for 8400). 2600X though, would cost me 40$ more but I don't know if it is worth the gap, all depends on how stock 2600 cooler can handle OC on this configuration. I'm trying to figure out whether to pick 2600 with stock cooling, 2600 with a budget cooler (30 to 50$ dollar range), or 2600x (195$). Aftermarket cooler options would be probably Cryorig H5 (40$) or Arctic 33 eSports One (30$).

RAM:

Corsair Vengeance LPX/RGB 3200 mhz 2x8GB C16 (130$)

Not many choices in this section actually, B-dies are off the table, starting at 190$ for 16GB. I went for the safe choice, not that expensive, reliable, should get the job done. I just could save 15$ to get 3000 Mhz sticks instead, not worth imho.

GPU:

Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ SE 8GB (260$)

Good overall GPU, probably better than 1060 especially at this price (a 6GB MSI gaming X is around 300-310$). Frequencies may not be the highest, but this should have good cooling and performance overall. Right now I could get the same model of 590 for 275$ on a huge discount, but I will most likely stick to the 580 because of 590 very very high TDP.

STORAGE:

Samsung 970 EVO M.2 250GB (70$)

I don't need more than 250GB, not even planning to run another HDD or SSD, meaning more budget left and less lanes saturation. Same thoughts as for RAM.

PSU: 

520-600W around 50$, still choosing, I guess I will pick the one is the most value at the time I'll be buying all of this.

So that's it, I really would apreciate if some of you could give this a look, every thought is welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

b450 tomahawk is just as good if not better and a bit cheaper. Use that money you save on the mobo and put it toward the 2600x

4 minutes ago, PurplDrank said:

b450 tomahawk is just as good if not better and a bit cheaper. Use that money you save on the mobo and put it toward the 2600x

Yes, I thought about that. Point is the best price i can get Tomahawk is 105$ right now + 20$ for wifi card it's going to be only 5$ cheaper than the Pro Carbon without the M.2 hs which I really like to have. 2600x is still an option, do you think it would be worth upgrading?

12 minutes ago, StdRoll said:

Yes, I thought about that. Point is the best price i can get Tomahawk is 105$ right now + 20$ for wifi card it's going to be only 5$ cheaper than the Pro Carbon without the M.2 hs which I really like to have. 2600x is still an option, do you think it would be worth upgrading?

B450M Mortar typically doesn't cost much too. Same features as the Tomahawk

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux