Website ip protection

pxnguinPr3

Hi, Im hosting a website off my raspberry pi, via No-ip and apache and various other things, And i was wondering two things;

1) Whats the best, cheapest and easiest way to protect my home IP address from a simple tracert in command prompt.

2) Is it possible to get a domain such as Hello.org, and redirect it to my website, or (better yet) is it possible to use no-ip to change from my free domain name to a paid one. ( i cant see a change option)

Thanks.

Hi.

Did you purchase a domain or are you using a provided one? If it is the latter (which seems to be what no-ip does), you can't use CloudFlare. If you have purchased one, you can use CloudFlare to do the traffic proxying between visitors and your server. CloudFlare has an API to use for updating the IP in DNS, but there probably are some tools that can do it as well.

Do take note, that CloudFlare can only proxy HTTP(S) traffic, not any other kind of TCP/UDP or whatever traffic.

Why are you worried about leaking/protecting your IP address? I'd focus on properly securing the systems instead.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+

cloudflare is free until you need the enterprise functionality.

it will only protects you from http/s attack like ddos.

you have to use the provided cloudflare name servers and then redirrect A record to your server IP.

this won't hide your IP as it will eventually end up in the tracert.

the safest way to avoid your home being traced, is to rent a server / cloud.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

On 1/13/2019 at 7:11 AM, SupaKomputa said:

cloudflare is free until you need the enterprise functionality.

it will only protects you from http/s attack like ddos.

you have to use the provided cloudflare name servers and then redirrect A record to your server IP.

this won't hide your IP as it will eventually end up in the tracert.

the safest way to avoid your home being traced, is to rent a server / cloud.

no... if you use cloudflare you will not be able to see host ip

I actually use cloudflare for my website.