Cpu fan connector

I had a very old PC, Dell optiplex 960 to be exact. i accidentally short circuit the the fan connector after which fan stopped spinning. I check the power and it was cut off so i started powering the fan using a pin(12v) from power supply connector(sata connector). Now the fan is spinning but the system does not detect it always and gives me annoying error each time i boot up. I have checked the rpm connector coming from the fan using multi-meter and it is working fine. Also the system is setting the speed of fan according  to the temperature sensor(i actually tested it by heating it up and cooling it down) which means pwm pin is also working fine. The only problem is, it sometimes gives error of CPU fan not found.

2 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Cool story man.. What exactly do you want us to do about it?

i dont need feedback on my story -.- 
i want reason why this is happening 

1 minute ago, PineyCreek said:

Sounds like you've done what you can do.

i dont want that annoying error when i boot up

Just now, Abdul Samad said:

i dont need feedback on my story -.- 
i want reason why this is happening 

You're a smart dude. I believe you know why. You fried the CPU fan header. Don't you think that CPU fan error is connected with that? :) 

Just now, Abdul Samad said:

i dont want that annoying error when i boot up

Well, unless you know enough about the board and architecture to hack an option into the BIOS, I'd say you're stuck with it unless you want to replace the board.  I doubt there will be an option to shut off the warning in the BIOS, but you could look.

15 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

You're a smart dude. I believe you know why. You fried the CPU fan header. Don't you think that CPU fan error is connected with that? :) 

i fried only the mosfet that was handling power to fan but i didnt fried the rpm pin which determines the fan speed if i remove this pin i always get error but if i have attached this pin i get error  70% of the time 
and also form the my troubleshooting (i warm up the temperature sensor and cooled it and the fan speed was setting accordingly) even then it promots me with the error of fan not found 

18 minutes ago, PineyCreek said:

Well, unless you know enough about the board and architecture to hack an option into the BIOS, I'd say you're stuck with it unless you want to replace the board.  I doubt there will be an option to shut off the warning in the BIOS, but you could look.

yeah i was looking for that kind of solution, thats why i came here but i think i am stuck

as far as i know system detects fan using rpm pin because it is only the input to system all the other pins are outputs(pwm,power,ground) problem in any of these is not related with detection of cpu fan

You either find something in your BIOS/UEFI that is like this and ignores the error, or you can buy a new motherboard.

Image result for bios disable cpu fan warning

Image result for uefidisable cpu fan warning

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

On 1/13/2019 at 1:41 PM, Enderman said:

You either find something in your BIOS/UEFI that is like this and ignores the error, or you can buy a new motherboard.

Image result for bios disable cpu fan warning

Image result for uefidisable cpu fan warning

there is no option for ignoring it and now i have decided to sell it in scrap as i wasn't fixing it for use but for curiosity, thanks anyway