i7 9700K

DylanDB
1 minute ago, cassiopeia1 said:

Just to give you some perspective what bigger air coolers can do with this CPU: I also got an i7 9700k 2 days ago together with a Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler. I am running stock settings so far. Idle temps are around 25° (ambient 20°) and stress test temps are around 75°. The cooler is pretty quiet, my case fans are louder.

That idle temp from you looks way better than mine?.. 

Well probably just gonna buy an h115i , and hope that let it run cooler

2 minutes ago, DylanDB said:

Just saying at idle my cpu fan is running at 1300rpm with a wraith stealth and is at 30C, I would go a lot higher, you can also adjust the speed of the fan compared to the temperature.

Just now, DustierDolphin said:

Just saying at idle my cpu fan is running at 1300rpm with a wraith stealth and is at 30C, I would go a lot higher, you can also adjust the speed of the fan compared to the temperature.

Yeah, sadly this cpu cooler doesnt go more then i did now (as i chose full speed) , so probably a new cpu cooler it will be^^

1 minute ago, DylanDB said:

Yeah, sadly this cpu cooler doesnt go more then i did now (as i chose full speed) , so probably a new cpu cooler it will be^^

put it under load with that new settings see how hot it gets

6 hours ago, DustierDolphin said:

make your pc sound like a portable jet engine, that is how you get into the master race spirit

It shouldn't be very loud since the fan only goes up to 900rpm. 

5 hours ago, DylanDB said:

Done that, its now at 900RPM all the time.

https://gyazo.com/bbe6511c1bc885e685e7ebe27bfc20de

Still those fluxuating temps, even went up with start to around 57 degrees (only starting windows)

There are plenty of processes that startup when Windows boots. It's not representative of actual idle temps. 

5 hours ago, DylanDB said:

Idle temps are highly dependent on ambient temps and case airflow so don't expect similar results unless you're using a similar case / fan setup and in a similar environment.

What are synthetic load temps?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The temps shown in pic are actually quite nice considering the voltage you are running. It shows volts going to 1.28V and you are getting 70C. Considering Intels stock voltage is 1.1V, and that you can run most CPUs with turbo boost at 1.15V stable, your situation is very good. You could probably get nice little OC going with 1.28V.

So, to fix things if you don't want to OC. Disable any auto-OC/tuning feature. Set voltages to manual/adaptive and at 1.15V. Run 30min stress test to verify its stable and your chip is average.

(Setting manual volts is not undervolting.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv