Asus Pred PG34, dead pixels, realign default resolution?

Rothfox

Hey guys! a friend of mine bought a used PG34 for 100 dollars. it wont oc to 100hz (only 80) and there are some dead pixels in of the corners (a few lines of pixels upwards and sideways) 
Is it possible to rearange the displays default resolution? he wants to use it as a monitor for for his pc And for his xbox. on pc he can rescale the resolution no problem. but that he cant do on the xbox (connected via hdmi, giving default resolution) 
on the old Crt's i remeber u could resize and place the image trough the screen setting menu, but on these new ones it does not seem to have a similar setting. 
does anyone know if there is any way to acces a hidden menu for the PG34, or any program that does let u alter these types of settings?

Any help is much apprichiated!

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37
GPU: Strix Oc 1080ti 2075mhz  Case: aNcase M1
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb, x2 Raid 0 PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX
Display: Acer Predator x34 100hz 1440p  
Cooling: Celsius C24  Operating System: W10   

There used to be hpos/vpos options to move the screen around, but I haven't seen those in a long time. You'd also just cut off what you move outside the monitor. So besides a custom resolution, I'm not sure there is any option to do this.

41 minutes ago, Rothfox said:

some dead pixels in of the corners (a few lines of pixels upwards and sideways)

There's quite a difference between "some" dead pixels and whole lines of them lol. I guess this is why he got it for only $100 :P

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, tikker said:

There used to be hpos/vpos options to move the screen around, but I haven't seen those in a long time. You'd also just cut off what you move outside the monitor. So besides a custom resolution, I'm not sure there is any option to do this.

There's quite a difference between "some" dead pixels and whole lines of them lol. I guess this is why he got it for only $100 :P

Yeah, it deffo is why he got it that cheap. just trying to make the most of it :P costum resolution does work yes. 
and ofc moving the screen wouldent help, but u could scale it back then aswell :< 
so the plan was to just adjust it it inwards for all sides a bit, losing those dead lines, and keeping an averagly good aspect ratio.

Gna search a bit more iguess, seems they removed thos hpos/vpos settings :/ might aswell contact Asus support and ask if they have any recomandation

CPU: i7 8700k, 4.9ghz 1.29v llc1  Motherboard: Asus Z370-i G  Ram: Trident-Z 3200mhz->3866 cl17,17,37
GPU: Strix Oc 1080ti 2075mhz  Case: aNcase M1
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500gb, x2 Raid 0 PSU: Corsair SF600 SFX
Display: Acer Predator x34 100hz 1440p  
Cooling: Celsius C24  Operating System: W10