ASUS ROG 1200W Thor RGB help Aura

So I now have the Asus Thor 1200w installed it it works great and looks great. However I can't figure out how to control the RGB leds.

I have an MSI motherboard, MSI Gaming M5 Z370.

There is a  RGB labeled cable that followed with the PSU, but i dont think it will fit anywhere on my motherboard (it would probably fit on the fan headers but dont wanna fry anything).

How can I control the Aura RGB's on my PSU? Currently its permantely red.

8 minutes ago, SebastianEier said:

So I now have the Asus Thor 1200w

Did you really bought that Asus Thor 1200w??

That thing cost around 600$..... For what needs?

What are the specs of your rig?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Just now, Constantin said:

That thing cost around 600$..... For what needs?

350... but still

2 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Can't you see my specs on my profile? (i9 9900K, 1080TI, 1TB nVME etc)

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Yes, and i also paid 250$ for Razer hyperflux computer mouse. It's a free world.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

350... but still

This is the correct price.

The way i view it, it comes wtih 10 year warranty. So worst case scenerio I'll have to buy a new one in 10 years, i.e. yearly cost of 35£, not to bad imo.

The reason i bouhgt it, is because I was getting sick tired of my CX750M coil whine and noise. So wanted the best quality i could get. Given that Seasonic (Asus supplier) is amazing in terms of quality i bought the 1200w thor. Now you might ask why i didnt buy the 860W for 100$ less. Becuase if i ever do multiple GPU in the future, i want to keep my options open, and if I'm going to spend 250$ i might as well go all the way and not think about it.

Having said all of this, HOW can i control the LEDS?

2 minutes ago, SebastianEier said:

This is the correct price.

The way i view it, it comes wtih 10 year warranty. So worst case scenerio I'll have to buy a new one in 10 years, i.e. yearly cost of 35£, not to bad imo.

The reason i bouhgt it, is because I was getting sick tired of my CX750M coil whine and noise. So wanted the best quality i could get. Given that Seasonic (Asus supplier) is amazing in terms of quality i bought the 1200w thor. Now you might ask why i didnt buy the 860W for 100$ less. Becuase if i ever do multiple GPU in the future, i want to keep my options open, and if I'm going to spend 250$ i might as well go all the way and not think about it.

Having said all of this, HOW can i control the LEDS?

look. I'll just say this once and then i'll shut up about it.

those psu's can be found for 80 (or less) bucks at 850 watts. now i'll shut up

I'm afraid knowing asus that you'll need their own ecosystem, aka aura. you could ask them if they have any alternatives, but I don't have them for you and I can't imagine mystic and asus products working together

1 minute ago, SebastianEier said:

Can't you see my specs on my profile?

You started a thread and the proper thing to do is to provide all the info you have including  your specs.

i don't like this "go to my profile to look my specs) as the majority don't

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

those psu's can be found for 80 (or less) bucks at 850 watts. now i'll shut up

I understand you're frustration if you feel like I did an uninformed purchase. Well aware this PSU wasnt and isn't great value. But i like the OLED screen, it's high end build quality and fully aware i could drop the oled screen and just buy direct from Seasonic and save a couple hundred bucks. People spend 200$ on sleeved cables, not great value either, but i can understand why.

Just now, SebastianEier said:

I understand you're frustration if you feel like I did an uninformed purchase. Well aware this PSU wasnt and isn't great value. But i like the OLED screen, it's high end build quality and fully aware i could drop the oled screen and just buy direct from Seasonic and save a couple hundred bucks. People spend 200$ on sleeved cables, not great value either, but i can understand why.

I told you I would shut up about it, and I get it. exept from some recent issues and the fact they are still selling some crappy 10 year old psu's they are a great psu maker. 

but now back to business, I would contact asus if they know anything, but it seems you're out of luck as far as I can find

1 minute ago, Constantin said:

You started a thread and the proper thing to do is to provide all the info you have including  your specs.

i don't like this "go to my profile to look my specs) as the majority don't

Ah ok. Not that often on LTT forum, if thats the precedent then ofcourse i would :) and i will

Just thought because they had this feature that was the precedent set.

Spec

MSI Gaming M5 z370
i9 9900K with H100i

32GB HyperX Mem

1TB nVME 960 EVO

Gigabyte GTX1080TI 

You are supposed to connect the 3 pin addressable RGB cable to the motherboard. However, your motherboard does not have that header. So you can't connect them. 

Also, you should know that the 10 year warranty is for the core components of the PSU. The RGB and OLED screen only have 3 year warranties. 

:)