Asus Rog G771JW

Just now, Ultra Male said:

are you on the High Performance power plan in Windows as well or on Balanced? see in Control Panel > Power Options

if you don't see the High Performance Plan, I can guide you on how to get it back

I am on High Performance plan..

Is there a program which can check so my SSD is not broken?
Maybe down clock the cpu and gpu would help bring down the temperatures as well?

2 minutes ago, ItsJustNikko said:

I am on High Performance plan..

Is there a program which can check so my SSD is not broken?
Maybe down clock the cpu and gpu would help bring down the temperatures as well?

HD Sentinel

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

Ok I see you said you've done a fresh Windows install but in your DirectX image it shows that you're running Build 17134 but the latest build is Redstone 5 Build 17763 which is what gets downloaded when you use the latest Windows Media Creation Tool

You can also force an upgrade using the Update Now Tool

Alienware m16 R1 | AMD Ryzen 9 7945HX | SK Hynix 64 GB 5200 MHz DDR5 RAM | GeForce RTX 4090 16 GB GDDR6 | 16" QHD+ (2560 x 1600) 240Hz, 3ms 300-nits Screen | 2x Samsung 990 PRO 4TB SSDs + WD_BLACK SN770M 2TB SSD | Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 | Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

Ok I see you said you've done a fresh Windows install but in your DirectX image it shows that you're running Build 17134 but the latest build is Redstone 5 Build 17763 which is what gets downloaded when you use the latest Windows Media Creation Tool

I did the fresh windows install when I got the laptop.

I am currently running the "Update now tool". might take some time, my internet is garbage over here.

9 minutes ago, Ultra Male said:

If I downclock the cpu and gpu, would that help with the temps? I see on HWmonitor that it goes up to 85+ .

2 hours ago, ItsJustNikko said:

I did the fresh windows install when I got the laptop.

I am currently running the "Update now tool". might take some time, my internet is garbage over here.

Did update the windows now to the latest version. Still the same thing.

6 hours ago, ItsJustNikko said:

Is there any proper guide on how to downclock ?

Don't downclock, undervolt CPU+GPU. Guides are in my sig below

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1 minute ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Don't downclock, undervolt CPU+GPU. Guides are in my sig below

that is what i ment hehe, I am just unexperienced. Hopefully it wont be too hard.

Just now, ItsJustNikko said:

that is what i ment hehe, I am just unexperienced. Hopefully it wont be too hard.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

12 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

Can you see here what the problem might be ? If its the CPU or GPU that needs to be undervolted?

HWMONITOR.txt

image.png.c3f886c8ea5577250d5d33d202efbcfc.png
image.png.36c77c2c60433f86c29559ebe2ecdb5d.png

Both

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

14 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Both

so I put the cpu at -80 and the gpu at -50 and the pc bsod after 5 minutes, I lowered it to 50 cpu and 50 gpu and not it doesnt freeze.Not sure if I see any difference.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. Please help me i have the same prob on my g741jw (g771 components) and i couldnt find a solution!!! Any solutions? I also tried everything but still the prob exist!

3 hours ago, oussvinny said:

Hi. Please help me i have the same prob on my g741jw (g771 components) and i couldnt find a solution!!! Any solutions? I also tried everything but still the prob exist!

create your own thread

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

11 hours ago, oussvinny said:

No. Still the same.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

I also own a g771jw. To be fair it's a shitty laptop. One of problems is that it's thermal throttling at 80°c, only way to fix that is to mod bios if you are willing to take that risk.

Then it also power throttles, current throttles etc, but just modding the bios to change the throttletemp makes it better. To get rid of all the other throttling issues you can use the program throttlestop to disable turbo boost. I have tried undervolting, chaning thermalpaste etc and it does not solve the problem due to the lack of cooling with a low set thermal throttling point is the concern. I have modded my bios changed the temp to 92°,  turned off turbo boost and it's more stable now than before. But the next concern is the gpu that also have a low thermal throttle point and on g771jw the gpu bios is deepcoded in the main bios and is far from easy to extract so you can mod it. I've managed to extract the v-bios for the 960m but there is a shitload of settings without any info of what they do etc so i haven't moded the v-bios yet. 

So there is no "easy fix" for the g771jw, you just gotta have to take the risk and mod your bios and v-bios to get rid of the problems. 

//Erik

• 1 month later...

Hi

Recently i bought ROG 771JW with 960M 4 GB and i found i got seroius thermal throttling with it  ( it looks both CPU anf GPU). I see that some here tried to resolve these problem. Anyone could  help me with these?  What kind of solution are for there?  I suppose if CPU temperature limit will be rised over 85 deg. it cause also higher overal temperatures inside and still there would be GPU thermal thottling?

Apprectiated any help here casue I cant play any game without loose power Sad

Cheers