Question about new water loop temps...

stlwrx

I had a question about the current temps I'm seeing in my water loop in regards to my CPU and GPU. Before I had this custom loop I had a corsair h115i Premium (280mm)  going to CPU and the combination of the Kraken G12 bracket and a Kraken x52 (240mm) going to my GPU (1080ti). Temps at idle was 22c for GPU and 28c for CPU - ~55c for CPU under load and ~38c for GPU under load. Those are very good temps. I expected to beat those temps when I went to my new custom loop - specs below - however - CPU idle temps and load temps are the same for the most part but GPU temps are now idle at ~30c and load ~55c. How did I gain 20c almost on my GPU at load?

Loop order is - Res > Pump > rad (360mm inake) > gpu > cpu > rad(240mm exhaust) > res 

240ek extreme rad as exhaust up top 

ek360 slim ran on the side as intake

the only thing that changed is I upgraded to a 2080ti from the 1080ti.

CPU is an i9-9900k OC'd to 5.0 Ghz al cores at 1.295 vcore.

Thoughts? 

7 minutes ago, Johnprogamez said:

What fluid did you use in your loop? 

EK Cryofuel Solid Cloud White PreMix

I should also add that fluid temp from an external sensor in my reservoir is reading 25c

Given your CPU temps are about the same. Id remount the GPU block,  sometimes they tilt a bit. Sounds like your GPU is having a hard time dumping heat into the block.

Thats the draw back of using a full cover block. If you didn’t montor all the fluid temps prior, it isn’t a fair comparison. 

High fpi rad as intake. What fans are on it and the speeds accordingly, same with pump speed as that still effects it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz