GPU Backplate painting paint?

JigglyPufflez

I am planning on painting my GPU backplate white with thin blue stripes, any idea of the method that needs to be applied? Also what types of spray paints I would need, I understand I would need non-conductive and high thermal tolerance anymore?  Thanks for any help!

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Depends on the material of the backplate. I would tape the entire bottom of the plate that touches the card and only paint the top just in case so it prevents problems. Slow and faint coats along with good drying time between each coat will do.

Depends on the material of the backplate. I would tape the entire bottom of the plate that touches the card and only paint the top just in case so it prevents problems. Slow and faint coats along with good drying time between each coat will do.

Exactly what I was thinking^ and I'm not sure of the material, metal surely but not sure which metal :c does that matter?

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Exactly what I was thinking^ and I'm not sure of the material, metal surely but not sure which metal :c does that matter?

Depends on the paint. Some are made for steel and others aluminum. General metal paint will work fine though.

Use plasti dip and then put some regular blue paint over it, that way if you ever change your mind you can just peel the whole paint job off :)

Use plasti dip and then put some regular blue paint over it, that way if you ever change your mind you can just peel the whole paint job off :)

Actually yeah I might get some plastidip! Is there white plastidip?

But how am I supposed to get the blue stripes on the backplate, because if I use painters tape on the plastidip to cover what I don't want to spray then when I remove it wouldn't it just tear the plastidip off?

Actually yeah I might get some plastidip! Is there white plastidip?

But how am I supposed to get the blue stripes on the backplate, because if I use painters tape on the plastidip to cover what I don't want to spray then when I remove it wouldn't it just tear the plastidip off?

Sure is, Plasti dip comes in a ton of colours, there's even shops now that plasti dip cars in pretty much any colour you could ever want.

And if you let the plasti dip cure properly before taping it and use good painters tape then it wont peel :)

Sure is, Plasti dip comes in a ton of colours, there's even shops now that plasti dip cars in pretty much any colour you could ever want.

And if you let the plasti dip cure properly before taping it and use good painters tape then it wont peel :)

I can only buy in 4 cans of ebay, no where in melbourne do they sell individual. 4 cans are $100.. I only need one white and one blue :/ I don't think it would be a viable option it seems, I might think about getting the backplate powder coated. Would that be a good option?

I can only buy in 4 cans of ebay, no where in melbourne do they sell individual. 4 cans are $100.. I only need one white and one blue :/ I don't think it would be a viable option it seems, I might think about getting the backplate powder coated. Would that be a good option?

Autobarn sold single cans last time I went in there, maybe give that a look into?

If your going to properly paint it though, just a light sanding and clean up, a primer coat and then the final colour will be fine :)

Autobarn sold single cans last time I went in there, maybe give that a look into?

If your going to properly paint it though, just a light sanding and clean up, a primer coat and then the final colour will be fine :)

Thinking about using high temperature rustoleum, I just saw somewhere someone used it and it came out really nice! So I am thinking about getting that, will check autobarn^^ thanks for the help. I have no experience in painting. Do I let the Primer coat dry or do I spray on the final colour when it the primer is wet?

Thinking about using high temperature rustoleum, I just saw somewhere someone used it and it came out really nice! So I am thinking about getting that, will check autobarn^^ thanks for the help. I have no experience in painting. Do I let the Primer coat dry or do I spray on the final colour when it the primer is wet?

Let it dry as you would with a regular paint :)

Let it dry as you would with a regular paint :)

Sweet thanks bud, I really do appreciate the help. I will be going with High heat primer and some high heat spray paint. White and blue. Thanks again bud! :D