one monitor into 2 ultra wide monitors

Mahmoud Asem

I have a big 48 inches display. I wanna make it 2 ultra wide monitors above each other. it seems like it'd be pretty easy but I couldn't find the software to split it just right. games go into fill screen mode and they fill the whole thing instead of just filling one virtual monitor (I want it to fill one virtual monitor but it doesn't). any suggestions?

Just now, Mahmoud Asem said:

what?

The shortcut of the Windows key and the letter P (Win+P) lets you customize where you want the display to show up:

image.png.c22080797716d80a427e9f82ef2b93c6.png

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

Just now, NunoLava1998 said:

The shortcut of the Windows key and the letter P (Win+P) lets you customize where you want the display to show up:

He has a single monitor that he wants to appear as 2. Win+P is for working with 2 physical monitors and doesn't apply to his problem.

1 minute ago, NunoLava1998 said:

image.png.c22080797716d80a427e9f82ef2b93c6.png

I only have one monitor. I wanna make it act like 2 different monitors

1 minute ago, Mahmoud Asem said:

I only have one monitor. I wanna make it act like 2 different monitors

2 minutes ago, Zagna said:

He has a single monitor that he wants to appear as 2. Win+P is for working with 2 physical monitors and doesn't apply to his problem.

Ah, okay.

Don't know about that then, although I guess you could try to very badly emulate it by making one window take up half the space and the other the other half.

Ryzen 7 3700X / 16GB RAM / Optane SSD / GTX 1650 / Solus Linux

One very convoluted way… get a capture device like a Elgato HD60S or better, one video output from GPU to the monitor, HDMI to the capture device and then you can have a fixed size live preview that could be using Window Snap to just bottom half. That's the only I can think of right now.