Anyone make an AURA Sync compatible EXTERNAL USB Controller?

Jay Deah

So all my RGB goodness in the case is run off aura sync. and i just purchased some super cheap LED strips to stick on the back of my monitor to provide some backlight that are USB powered with their own seperate remote. This got me thinking, instead of using the included USB power supply/controller does anyone make a similar product thats AURA Sync compatible so i can control it from the PC rather than the cheapy remote control? the idea being i'd plug the USB into the back of the PC with a good length of cable and then connect the LED strips via a standard 4 pin +RGB connector

My motherboard and GPU do already have addressable RGB headers, but i dont want to run a cable from the monitor to the inside of my case i'd want a standard plugable solution like a USB.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

What you're looking for is called the ROG Aura Terminal ;)

ASUS's LED control library is open source. The question is: are your chep strips WS2801, WS2811 or WS2812b. The rest should work easily. You could also just write your own software that controls AURA via the open source library and your strips. If those strip are analog they should just work with any analog RGB header on your mainboard.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

• 1 month later...

Jay Deah like myself is looking for an aura-sync controller to control the lights from the pc, unlike  Jay Deah, i have ARGB 3 pin lights not standard RGB four pin lights.

Jay Deah has standard RGB four pin lights.

My current controller has one button that cycles through colours and paterns (not very nice)

I and  Jay Deah are looking for an aura-sync controller, preferably one that plugs into the computer for data (USB or somthing) so aura-sync can control the lights.