GabeN Jr.

Weegee

Hey after almost a year of planning and over 2 weeks of living hell with the UPS, I finally got to build my PC. I named it after one of my favorite people, Gabe Newell.

This guy costed about $1550 at the time I made it, and It's absolutely great.

It comes packed with an Intel Core i7-4770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor, which with no doubt is one of the best cpus on the market today. I love mine; it runs cool (even with my stock cooler) and it's just 100% awesome. $250 5/5

For my motherboard, I picked up a MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard for $125.99 which was sweet for what I was getting. The BIOS is sleek, and although it's temps there are really bad (15-20 deg cel more than Windows 7 idle) I still love it. 4.5/5
     For RAM, I chose the G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory mainly because it was on sale for 65 bucks. It runs fast as advertised and it looks great. 5/5
     For my OS and a few apps and games, I got the Sandisk  128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk. Once again, I got this because it was on sale, but It works as advertised. Got it on sale for 80 bucks. Came with no HDD case adapter, but my case has a dedicated SSD slot, so it was cool. 4/5
     For main HDD storage, I got the Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive because it has good reviews and I like it too, though I did have to mess with it a bit to get it to work. $89.99 4/5
     With every sexy machine a sexy graphics card must be included, so a MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card for $319.99 is pretty sweet; I got some benchmarks below 5/5
     For a wirelss card, the Asus PCE-N53 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter on sale for $25.99 is a great choice. I have some distance and wallage between my PC and my router, and it still delivers flawlessly. No instructions, but installation was still easy. 5/5
     The case that I chose was the NZXT Phantom 530 White ATX Full Tower Case on sale for $100 (yes, I got quite a few sales). It's a great case with lots of room for beginners, with lots of cable management and fully modular Hard drive cages. It looks awesome too. Stock fans are awesome, and it comes with pre-placed ATX mounting points. 5/5
     For my PSU, which I needed to be SLI ready, I picked up the Corsair Professional 850W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply For $125.99 on yet another sale. It's awesome, except that it only comes with 2 SATA power cables (I don't know their names, I just know it's what powers SATA devices into the PSU). 4.5/5
     A good, cheap disk drive that works isLG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer which I got for $15.99, not on sale. It works, it's not loud, and its cheap. What more could you ask for?
     Since I don't like change, I got Microsoft's Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) for the normal price of $82.99 @ OutletPC. Though it shipped with some scratches on one spot, It works. 4.5/5
     I really don't need a huge 27" monitor, so a nice LED IPS Acer H226HQLbid 60Hz 21.5" Monitor works fine for me. The IPS panel is something that really shocked me since I've never seen it before, and I love it. Note that it takes around 5-8sec to boot up. Comes with HDMI, so I'm happy. $119.99 4.5/5
     For my keyboard, theMicrosoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard is always a great option. At it's pricepoint, though not mechanical, it's a great Backlit keyboard that gets any job done. 5/5
     For a gaming mouse, the Razer DeathAdder Wired Laser Mouse for 51 dollars is a great buy. It works, it lights up, and it has a handy two macros. the cord is long, and it works fine. 5/5
----
Benchmarks
(All are done on max settings @ 1080p, even the Heaven benchmark)
BF3- Min 79fps
         Max 94fps
Unigine Heaven Benchmark 4.0 FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:

Settings Render:
Direct3D11
Mode:
1920x1080 8xAA fullscreen
Preset
Custom
Quality
Ultra
Tessellation:
Extreme
Powered by UNIGINE Engine
Unigine Corp. © 2005-2013
The i7 runs at an idle temp of 28-32 deg, and it got the hottest (in BF3) at 61 deg, with an average of 52 deg whilst gaming.
---------
Pics
elD2nIJ.jpg

FUxos9a.jpg91b3csj.jpgw5XHAbQ.jpg(yes, I know that last one was missing a few things, by the time I had all of the parts, most were opened already due to curiosity)

Thanks for reading

-Dave

My First Build

-Intel i7-4770K -Msi Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB -MsiZ87 GD65 -G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866Mhz -NZXT Phantom 530 White -128GB Sandisk SSD -2TB Western Digital 7200RPM -21.5" Acer IPS Display -SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

-Razer DeathAdder 2013 -Logitech G930 -ALTEC LANSING MULTIMEDIA Dual Speaker System (Legacy)

Wireless gaming machine? GabeN frowns upon thee

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

nice build, but that sticker....

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Nicely done, really balanced system with well picked parts

though that stock heat sink is the blight of this system. 

By the way, to remove that Razor sticker, take a hair dyer to it for a minute, buff the residue out with the soft side of a dish sponge and rubbing alcohol.

and son what r u doin work on that cabling oh god jesus no fix that plz

now

Edited by helping

Error: 410

I like some of your choices. My biggest gripe is that you're using an i7 to game. An i5 will do a better job at gaming and is cheaper. Also the stock fan. I know it does the job for you but I would recommend getting a better heatsink for either quieter at same temperature or cooler at the same dba.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

GabeN does not approve Intel stock coolers. Thy ordains for you to change thy title (I've never done this Shakespeare stuff before)

Please tell me you did not legitimately name your PC after Gabe Newell...

That is like naming your kid Martin Luther King Jr. The guy was awesome but naming your kid after him is just weird.

(On a side note good choice on the keyboard, that is the best non mechanical keyboard out there)

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Wireless is very saddening, but at least the card is good.

Yeaaah, my little brother put on the Razer sticker. It's cool though, I like him.

I use this system to do render videos, edit images and work as well, so an i7 helps there.

Once I get more money, I'm getting a liquid cooling solution and OCing this thing to at least 4.5GHz

Edit--

Also note that my PC's 'Windows7 name' is ORIGINISGAY, which is pretty true

My First Build

-Intel i7-4770K -Msi Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB -MsiZ87 GD65 -G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866Mhz -NZXT Phantom 530 White -128GB Sandisk SSD -2TB Western Digital 7200RPM -21.5" Acer IPS Display -SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard

-Razer DeathAdder 2013 -Logitech G930 -ALTEC LANSING MULTIMEDIA Dual Speaker System (Legacy)

Nice, but that stock heatsink tho

EDIT: he's watercooling jk

Fractal R4- 4670k @ 3.4 Ghz- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb- 2TB Wd Black- 256 GB Samsung SSD- Cosair 760w PSU- Corsair h80i- ASUS CU II GTX 780- ASUS VI Hero LGA 1150

Stock fan/heatsink the horror :o the horror :o  lol :o

Nicely done, really balanced system with well picked parts

though that stock heat sink is the blight of this system. 

By the way, to remove that Razor sticker, take a hair dyer to it for a minute, buff the residue out with the soft side of a dish sponge and rubbing alcohol.

and son what r u doin work on that cabling oh god jesus no fix that plz

now

Those are some pictures from about 3 days ago. Now, the cables are a lot neater, and it's in a way better environment 

My First Build

kitchen table?

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)