Discord bots

Fokus

Hey guys, i'm curious if any of you guys know how one would go about programming a bot that can mute people in a discord voice chat? If you have any tips on going about it that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Can't you just right click and mute them manually? Seems much easier than programming a bot.

2 minutes ago, Apex_X said:

Can't you just right click and mute them manually? Seems much easier than programming a bot.

You're correct I should be more specific. What i'm trying to do is program a bot that automatically mutes the individual after (x) amount of time. For example when the user joins a a voice chat and starts talking I wan't the bot to detect that and mute the individual when the user talks for (x) amount of time. 

10 hours ago, coyotetracker said:

You're correct I should be more specific. What i'm trying to do is program a bot that automatically mutes the individual after (x) amount of time. For example when the user joins a a voice chat and starts talking I wan't the bot to detect that and mute the individual when the user talks for (x) amount of time. 

Ive only been programming for about 3 months, but it sounds like you already know what you need to do. 

While (x) {

// whatever code

If ( y >  z ) {

// code 

halt for n time

Etc

}

}