...Helios 500.. Which one?

Hello all..

So I am looking at potentially buying a gaming laptop, I was looking around and saw the Helios 500 on newegg, It is a full amd Config with a vega 56 and a DESKTOP Ryzen 7 2700... pushing the price to about 1800 currently. I was also looking at the intel counterpart at about the same price but it has a i7 8750H with a 1070.. Not exactly sure which one would be the better suit. I've seen benchmarks of the vega 56, and it seems its pretty on par with a 1070. But the i7 is where i'm not sure on, is that mobile i7 comparable to the ryzen 7 2700?

I understand that RTX laptops just got announced... From the prices I've seen, they are soaring above the 2k limit I have for a budget. I am going to be using this laptop mainly for gaming and also media content(mixing music).

Any opinions or recommendations? Is the AMD config worth it? Or should I pass on it? Thanks!

Link: HERE

Edit: I am usually a intel/nvidia fan... Never really liked AMD just this laptop got my attention.

nvidia with intel has better battery life and has less problems with temps

Go for Intel+Nvidia. Better single core performance and slightly faster GPU (Vega 56 is throttled heavily in laptops). Also better drivers

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128