Audio doesn't switch from speakers to fp headphones

vong

Hey guys,

I've got an Asus Xonar STX and the audio won't switch to the front panel when I plug my headphones in, it has to be manually via the audio center which is annoying. Is there a fix to this? On board audio has been disabled and the front panel connection is plugged to the sound card. Drivers were downloaded from maxedtech.com.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

just use ur on board audio.... you probably arent getting an improvment anyways

it will automatically switch i believe if you use onboard
too lazy to test it since i use a dac/amp and can easily switch between the 2 any time

just use ur on board audio.... you probably arent getting an improvment anyways

it will automatically switch i believe if you use onboard

too lazy to test it since i use a dac/amp and can easily switch between the 2 any time

What's your problem with sound cards? I've got a Fiio E12 and the sound card sounds better and I don't have to keep pluggung and unplugging it and having it hang off the side of my case.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

Just run of the back, its better anyway. 

Yeah that's how I've got it now. Headphone jack is just a bit short when it's plugged in the back.

What's your problem with sound cards? I've got a Fiio E12 and the sound card sounds better and I don't have to keep pluggung and unplugging it and having it hang off the side of my case.

Placebo isn't better. 

The E12 is a fucking AMP. Read DACS sound much better. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

well they are kind of useless nowadays and a waste of money 

i never used the e12 since its a portable one for your phone or mobile device

there is a decent amount of articles forums and a video from teksydicate that explains it all (although even there is some misinterpretation) 

with the fiio e10 u dont have to unplug it ever. its got a line out for ur speakers and a headphone port which u can change the volume via a knob

Guys, you're awesome.  You know your shit, but let's be realistic here.  The OP already has a soundcard.  Telling them to throw it away and just use their onboard is silly and not helping.  If he did not already own a high-end soundcard, that's one thing.

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Guys, you're awesome.  You know your shit, but let's be realistic here.  The OP already has a soundcard.  Telling them to throw it away and just use their onboard is silly and not helping.  If he did not already own a high-end soundcard, that's one thing.

Don't bother, its more interesting watching them bicker. 

that's "audiophiles" for you lol

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

He has a sound card and he is happy with it, don't be jackasses. 

I don't really know how to do it, because you are now using the ASUS software to configure it, and I never used it.

You are probably better by getting an extension cable, which connects to the Sound Card and the other end rest next to your monitor. That way you can plug your headphones easily. You also will probably have less interference (noisy fans inside of the PC).

There may be a configuration on the software app, what is it called? 

He has a sound card and he is happy with it, don't be jackasses. 

I don't really know how to do it, because you are now using the ASUS software to configure it, and I never used it.

You are probably better by getting an extension cable, which connects to the Sound Card and the other end rest next to your monitor. That way you can plug your headphones easily. You also will probably have less interference (noisy fans inside of the PC).

There may be a configuration on the software app, what is it called? 

Asus Essence STX Audio Center is the app. There's not really any options in the app. I got addons from maxedtech which I thought were for the audio switch but it looks like it does nothing. I'll just get an extension cable is there's no solution.

true but the problem he has is fixed if he takes out the soundcard xD 

true but the problem he has is fixed if he takes out the soundcard xD 

So your suggestion for the OP is to throw away nearly $200?  Either you're trolling, or you would seriously be the worst customer service person ever.

So your suggestion for the OP is to throw away nearly $200?  Either you're trolling, or you would seriously be the worst customer service person ever.

first of all calm down

second of all im offering the easiest to do solution that i know of. if he doesnt want that solution thats up to him im just giving an option.

i dont know how he can do it with his soundcard thats why i didnt give an option that includes it

and btw i have given a solution whereas u have not so please be a bit nicer.

first of all calm down

second of all im offering the easiest to do solution that i know of. if he doesnt want that solution thats up to him im just giving an option.

i dont know how he can do it with his soundcard thats why i didnt give an option that includes it

and btw i have given a solution whereas u have not so please be a bit nicer.

I am calm.  I just get a little bit defensive when the proposed solution is to throw away money.

OP, I believe that card has automatic front panel detection (some of the Xonar cards do not), so if the card is not performing as advertised, you may want to try to download the drivers directly from Asus's website or contact customer support.

I am calm.  I just get a little bit defensive when the proposed solution is to throw away money.

OP, I believe that card has automatic front panel detection (some of the Xonar cards do not), so if the card is not performing as advertised, you may want to try to download the drivers directly from Asus's website or contact customer support.

Just installed drivers from Asus now my audio doesn't work at all. Nothing plays, even youtube doesn't work any more.

Just installed drivers from Asus now my audio doesn't work at all. Nothing plays, even youtube doesn't work any more.

Did you completely uninstall the old drivers first?  Download the installer, unplug your Ethernet so Windows cannot install its generic ones, then install the new ones after you complete the uninstall process for the old driver and restart.  Also, make sure the onboard is disabled in your BIOS to avoid conflicts.

are there any options in playback devices that are disabled?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Did you completely uninstall the old drivers first?  Download the installer, unplug your Ethernet so Windows cannot install its generic ones, then install the new ones after you complete the uninstall process for the old driver and restart.  Also, make sure the onboard is disabled in your BIOS to avoid conflicts.

I'm trying to delete all the folders now but it won't let me delete the main one. It says I need administrator's permission to delete it but my account is the administrator...

are there any options in playback devices that are disabled?

None, there are just the sound card options as playback.

Completely deleted all folders then reinstalled drivers. Still not working. Somebody help me out please.

Is your onboard audio disabled in your BIOS?  If it is, do you see any yellow warning icons next to your soundcard in the Device Manager?

Is your onboard audio disabled in your BIOS?  If it is, do you see any yellow warning icons next to your soundcard in the Device Manager?

Yea onboard audio has been disabled. I've uninstalled and installed it a few times as well as changing pcie slots. Looks like I'll try and get a refund and get a amp/dac combo instead.