Cell phone upgrade

I am currently the (not very) proud owner of an Iphone 4s. I am starting to get pretty done with the crappy performance and ads that are large enough that the exit button is off screen with the only way to look at the content I'm browsing to being to refresh the page. I saw the LTT video about the Poco F1 and am starting to thing that this would be a decent upgrade option seeing as it wont cost me half of my life savings like other similarly spec'd phones (I am only fourteen and can't get a full job yet, so I have been mowing lawns for relatives, which can only make so much a summer). Is this phone decent for the price? I don't have Netflix and don't watch Prime shows so I am not bothered by the hardware issue of the F1. I would rather not upgrade to an iphone 6 or 7 because a: My parents say I cant have a better phone than them and they have 6S' (they don't know android though), and b: I disagree with apples stance on repair and who actually owns your device. I was thinking about getting an S9 but it would be $600 and would only be marginally better specs. The plastic back of the phone is a nonissue or even a plus because I plan on getting a Dbrand Skin for the phone. Should I wait until the touch issue is fixed, should I pull the trigger, or is there some damning evidence against the phone? 

if you are only 14, the poco will be more than enough. just remember to get the gcam port for MUCH better pictures

Here’s what I would do: 

Convince your parents to buy a new phone for themselves and snatch their iPhone 6S. It’s a great phone. 

Otherwise, it absolutely sucks that you can’t just buy a refurbished iPhone 7 around $300 instead of a Pocophone. I am in love with my iPhone 7. 

Check out what Linus said about the Pocophone on Linustechtips.

For that price, it's a really great phone, even without LineageOS Custom Rom.

I doubt you need NFC for payment if you're only 14, and the rest... will be a huge upgrade, even Camera etc (Install the GCam camera port, it shoots better pictures than the stock one).

And just use that untill you are 16-17, or even 18, and voila. Plenty of other options to upgrade to.

Unless, you are an Apple-guy, who can make use of the Ecosystem, etc, or you simply prefer iOS much more. If you don't care, Pocophone is hard to beat for value. And with hard to beat i mean, noone beats it lol.

38 minutes ago, Darkseth said:

Check out what Linus said about the Pocophone on Linustechtips.

For that price, it's a really great phone, even without LineageOS Custom Rom.

I doubt you need NFC for payment if you're only 14, and the rest... will be a huge upgrade, even Camera etc (Install the GCam camera port, it shoots better pictures than the stock one).

And just use that untill you are 16-17, or even 18, and voila. Plenty of other options to upgrade to.

Unless, you are an Apple-guy, who can make use of the Ecosystem, etc, or you simply prefer iOS much more. If you don't care, Pocophone is hard to beat for value. And with hard to beat i mean, noone beats it lol.

The F1 is good, but i think that it would be better to pay a bit more for a Mi 8, nfc, glass back etc

17 hours ago, kokakolia said:

Here’s what I would do: 

Convince your parents to buy a new phone for themselves and snatch their iPhone 6S. It’s a great phone. 

Otherwise, it absolutely sucks that you can’t just buy a refurbished iPhone 7 around $300 instead of a Pocophone. I am in love with my iPhone 7. 

But why, he can get a way better phone than a 6s which is already 3 years old.

4 hours ago, Darkseth said:

The only feature I thought that I might need apple for: find my friends, is actually available through android too

21 hours ago, kokakolia said:

I would consider apple, but, they are really overpriced, I don't really agree with their business practices, and finally after having torn down an iphone, and after seeing other youtubers teardown apple products, they are a b*tch to repair and even more of a b*tch to have repaired by a third party repair shop, or even by apple.

P.S. 

For frame of reference this is linus when the 4 was new-ish 

getPart?uid=AHY0-VkLhSBiXDU-vAQ6CCZzxsk&partId=2&saveAs=IMG_3280.PNG&scope=STANDARD