New PC build with loud PSU

Onion boi
Go to solution Solved by Origami Cactus,
25 minutes ago, Onion boi said:

It reaches around 60dB at it's worst and I wouldn't describe it as a strange noise, it just sounds like the fan is running at 100%

RMA it then, or at the very least, contact corsair support. With your setup you are not reaching even 80% power output, so the fan noise should be quite low. You even have a broken fan, or the psu is broken and overheats.

image.png.a878f5962714547c9d8661306a01fed3.png

Hi,

I recently built my second pc, and the PSU is ridiculously loud when pc is under load but after being under load it never stops being loud.

I don't know if there's something wrong with the PSU or if I bought a too small one. When I checked on PSU calculators like (https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator), it looked like I would be fine with a 1000W.

My rig consist of:

- i7 9700k @ 4,6GHz

- 2x Asus Strix 1070 ti in sli, with max memory clock on 8014 MHz and max gpu clock at 1607 MHz

- Corsair 32GB DDR4 2666Mhz CL16 Vengeance RGB PRO

- Corsair Hydro H115i PRO RGB

- ASUS Z390-F GAMING

- 2x Corsair LL140 RGB

- 4x Corsair LL120 RGB

- Crucial MX500 1TB 2,5"

-2x Seagate BarraCuda 2TB

-Corsair HX1000 1000W

The rig is supporting 2 monitors one 1080p and the other is 1440p, along with an HTC Vive. I also have the Wireless Adapter with the Vive I don't know if that makes any difference. 

I would be happy to provide more information if necessary. 

that would be enough to keep on a 2080 ti 9900k overclocked setup, so wattage shouldn't be the problem here

I'll add @jonnyGURU here just to be sure

Does the hx1000 support corsair link like other corsair high end psus? If it does install the program and then set the fan curve to silent, or create a custom curve

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

17 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Does the hx1000 support corsair link like other corsair high end psus? If it does install the program and then set the fan curve to silent, or create a custom curve

Is there any difference between corsair link and iCUE?

I couldn't find anything about corsair link support, nor does it show up on iCUE.

Edit: I found on corsairs website that the normal HX-series does not support corsair link, https://www.corsair.com/us/en/corsairlink.

1 hour ago, Onion boi said:

Is there any difference between corsair link and iCUE?

I couldn't find anything about corsair link support, nor does it show up on iCUE.

Edit: I found on corsairs website that the normal HX-series does not support corsair link, https://www.corsair.com/us/en/corsairlink.

Ok, then you can't control the fan speed.

But what kind of noise does the psu produce and how loud is it? If it is indeed "ridiculously loud", then i would RMA it.

36 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Ok, then you can't control the fan speed.

But what kind of noise does the psu produce and how loud is it? If it is indeed "ridiculously loud", then i would RMA it.

It reaches around 60dB at it's worst and I wouldn't describe it as a strange noise, it just sounds like the fan is running at 100%

25 minutes ago, Onion boi said:

RMA it then, or at the very least, contact corsair support. With your setup you are not reaching even 80% power output, so the fan noise should be quite low. You even have a broken fan, or the psu is broken and overheats.

image.png.a878f5962714547c9d8661306a01fed3.png