Is this a virus??

Hello,

Im currently getting this weird pop up when i do anything with chrome only youtube works.

Virus or should i trust this?

I try to search something in google and in the top u can see the url as google and what i searched just this pops up after a second.

Help!

Capture.PNG

I also recently ran avast(yesterday)

That's a virus. First go to chrome settings, and "extensions", delete every single extension you see. Then go to settings, scroll all the way down, click "advanced", scroll even more down, until you see this:

image.png.f3153b8c2aaf59d5b3369829ea094fbf.png

Do both of these things, do clean up first, and then do the reset to chrome settings. If it still doesnt help download malwarebytes and reinstall google chrome.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

41 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

That's a virus. First go to chrome settings, and "extensions", delete every single extension you see. Then go to settings, scroll all the way down, click "advanced", scroll even more down, until you see this

Do both of these things, do clean up first, and then do the reset to chrome settings. If it still doesnt help download malwarebytes and reinstall google chrome.

and even if it does remove it, there might be more to find... run malwarebytes just to be sure

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

and even if it does remove it, there might be more to find... run malwarebytes just to be sure

The problem with malware bytes is that it doesn't detect the google chrome viruses and popup malware. That is why i recommended the chrome built in anti malware first:

image.png.551a6d7a19e1ebd8a48b86d81cde4194.png

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.