Push-pull fans

Constantin

Hi!

Are those new fan from Corsair any good for a CPU heat sink 2 fans push-pull? 

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Premium-Magnetic-Levitation-CO-9050043-WW/dp/B01G5I6MYI

If not, what are the best 120cm?

Thanks!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

I've the cheaper ml's on my heatsink (old thermaltake frio), near silent, push a lot of air and have a very wide pwm range. 

Had them in push pull, moved one to the rear exhaust of my case , still synced to the cpu, but helped in my use case, push/pull doesn't really help much unless close to full speed but do what you like, it doesn't do nothing. Great fans, not the best but pretty damn good for the price.

20170423_150228[1].jpg

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

I've heard nothing but good things about the ML120s. I use the SP120s which work well, although they're loud at full speed. I've heard/read that the ML 120s are much quieter, so i think its a good purchase. Noctua fans offer the best cooling, but i'm not sure how the noise compares, and most noctua fans have really ugly colors. ML120s should be good

If you're using a low end air cooler, don't bother with push pull. The fans can run at up to 2400RPM, so a single one is fine. 

:)

ML120's are good performers but the best 120mm is most likely the NF-A12x25. 

If you're referring to the T4 listed on your sig / profile or the rebranded Gammaxx 400 here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1017565-i7-9700k-air-or-aio-cooler/, you're probably better off getting a new cooler instead of replacing the fans for better performance. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

ML120's are good performers but the best 120mm is most likely the NF-A12x25. 

If you're referring to the T4 listed on your sig / profile or the rebranded Gammaxx 400 here: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1017565-i7-9700k-air-or-aio-cooler/, you're probably better off getting a new cooler instead of replacing the fans for better performance. 

I have the Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, my temps at idle are around 28c and at full load they max at 75c and that not for long max is usually around 65c, i ordered the 2 ML 120 plus the NOCTUA NT-H1 THERMALPASTE, i think i will be ok.... what do you think?

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

32 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I have the Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T, my temps at idle are around 28c and at full load they max at 75c and that not for long max is usually around 65c, i ordered the 2 ML 120 plus the NOCTUA NT-H1 THERMALPASTE, i think i will be ok.... what do you think?

Yep, that's just a rebranded Gammaxx 400. 

The cooler won't perform much better with new fans and thermal paste. You're better off getting a better cooler to begin with. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yep, that's just a rebranded Gammaxx 400. 

The cooler won't perform much better with new fans and thermal paste. You're better off getting a better cooler to begin with. 

My only choice with my current case is the Corsair Hydro H80i v2.

People are saying i wont see that much of a difference....

Edit: i didn't mention that with this cooler the window is touching the sink when closing the panel so i can't take a decent air cooler.

7 minutes ago, Constantin said:

My only choice with my current case is the Corsair Hydro H80i v2.

People are saying i wont see that much of a difference....

Edit: i didn't mention that with this cooler the window is touching the sink when closing the panel so i can't take a decent air cooler.

The H80i V2 would still easily be better than new fans and better thermal paste. 

1 minute ago, WoodenMarker said:

The H80i V2 would still easily be better than new fans and better thermal paste. 

What a mess..... i had ordered the H80i V2, then canceled it and ordered the 2 ML fans with the Noctua paste and all that from 3 different shops...... i will let it as it is for now and at the summer time i will go for the H80i V2, the fans are always usefull as i have 6 in my case :)