Thermometer For my Case's Window?

LamoidZombieDog

Hey! so i want a little thermometer i can stick to the inside of my cases window, to monitor the real tempature of the inside of my case, without using programs. I found a few options. all of which i have an amazon discount code for so id be willing to buy any of them. Which one should i get? (which ever ones i dont buy, ill give out the discount codes for :P )

https://www.amazon.com/Fridge-Thermometer-Digital-Freezers-Chillers/dp/B07BC91XS6?m=A291VZ848MR2OF 4.99 After code

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Clock-Temperature-Thermometer-Outlet/dp/B07JQWBQ1P?m=A291VZ848MR2OF 5.99 after Code

i figured id have more links, but oh well.
if you know of a better one, Please let me know! id prefer it to be under 7.50$ USD
i plan to use a tiny tiny piece of black double sided tape i have to stick it to the window.
link 1 looks a lot cleaner for a computer case, so im leaning twords that one more. but let me know your Thoughts!

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Have you thought about an aquarium thermometer? They seem perfect for what you're trying to do.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

i saw those, and was able to get one with a discount code, but i figured they would only work udnerwater due to the large plastic thermometer tip. Maybe im wrong
Though again link 1 Looks like its a very clean option for a Case

@aisle9

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Looking at the specs listed for the two that you have shown, I would go with the black square one.  It shows temp range but only up to 70 celcius while the pretty round one does not show any specs for it at all.  But, if I really had to choose, I wouldn't take either one of these but would find something with a better range, say 20c to 100c.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Looking at the specs listed for the two that you have shown, I would go with the black square one.  It shows temp range but only up to 70 celcius while the pretty round one does not show any specs for it at all.  But, if I really had to choose, I wouldn't take either one of these but would find something with a better range, say 20c to 100c.

actualy i guess iM fucked. it says it only goes in Celcius. so being it cant switch over, its 100% useless fo rme :/ i was really hoping to buy that one too Inless someone can help me find one that goes in Fahrenheit 

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

actualy i guess iM fucked. it says it only goes in Celcius. so being it cant switch over, its 100% useless fo rme :/ i was really hoping to buy that one too Inless someone can help me find one that goes in Fahrenheit 

Plus i didnt realise, only 122F is kind of useless for a pc

expecialy since i put my hand inside my case before and after gaming, and it was defidently pretty hot.

4 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Plus i didnt realise, only 122F is kind of useless for a pc

expecialy since i put my hand inside my case before and after gaming, and it was defidently pretty hot.

After going thru a bunch of thermometers that Newegg had to offer, I found this one.  It ranges from -50 C to 100 C.  This might be something worth looking at.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADD85HH0542&Description=computer thermometer&cm_re=computer_thermometer-_-9SIADD85HH0542-_-Product

3 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

After going thru a bunch of thermometers that Newegg had to offer, I found this one.  It ranges from -50 C to 100 C.  This might be something worth looking at.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADD85HH0542&Description=computer thermometer&cm_re=computer_thermometer-_-9SIADD85HH0542-_-Product

i like that it can plug into my  pc Via Molex.

i never checked that on the other ones. Though, can it change to Fahrenheit? 

11 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i saw those, and was able to get one with a discount code, but i figured they would only work udnerwater due to the large plastic thermometer tip. Maybe im wrong
Though again link 1 Looks like its a very clean option for a Case

@aisle9

10 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Wait, now I'm confused. @LamoidZombieDog, are you looking for a thermometer that will show you your CPU temp, or a thermometer that will just show you the temperature inside your case? Because if the air inside your case is at 100C, you're about to have a very, very bad day ending in fire.

2 hours ago, aisle9 said:

Wait, now I'm confused. @LamoidZombieDog, are you looking for a thermometer that will show you your CPU temp, or a thermometer that will just show you the temperature inside your case? Because if the air inside your case is at 100C, you're about to have a very, very bad day ending in fire.

i said Fahrenheit not Celcius.

i want a little thermometer i can stick in the window of my Cooler master HAF X Case to Read the tempature of the inside of the case, via Fahrenheit

12 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i like that it can plug into my  pc Via Molex.

i never checked that on the other ones. Though, can it change to Fahrenheit? 

Yes, it will do both Celsius and Fahrenheit.

14 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Yes, it will do both Celsius and Fahrenheit.

Alright :)

says free shipping in title but its not

i may have to get that :)

34 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

Alright :)

says free shipping in title but its not

i may have to get that :)

Just be aware that it may take some time to get to you.  If I remember right, it says it ships from China.  I ordered a new jacket for my wife from a place called Kiwilou not aware they ship from China.  Going on three weeks not, but finally got an email with a tracking number on it so hopefully it will show up this week.  Good luck and hope you had a Happy New Year.

2 hours ago, kb5zue said:

Just be aware that it may take some time to get to you.  If I remember right, it says it ships from China.  I ordered a new jacket for my wife from a place called Kiwilou not aware they ship from China.  Going on three weeks not, but finally got an email with a tracking number on it so hopefully it will show up this week.  Good luck and hope you had a Happy New Year.

Also, just be aware that 100 C is 212 F.  If you get those sorts of temps inside your case, something is definitely wrong.

3 hours ago, kb5zue said:

i buy from china all the time. so i understand

55 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

Also, just be aware that 100 C is 212 F.  If you get those sorts of temps inside your case, something is definitely wrong.

yeah well it shouldnt be that Hot58cd0b9fe800c80de8391adf56b38583.png.7022815fb41ba4a9b616744b33656ead.png

7 hours ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

i said Fahrenheit not Celcius.

i want a little thermometer i can stick in the window of my Cooler master HAF X Case to Read the tempature of the inside of the case, via Fahrenheit

Derp, sorry. My brain defaults to Celsius more often than not. If you know that a cool room is 21C, a warm room is 25C and human body temp is 38C, you can kind of figure everything else out from there.

33 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

yeah well it shouldnt be that Hot58cd0b9fe800c80de8391adf56b38583.png.7022815fb41ba4a9b616744b33656ead.png

Nothing wrong with those temps far as I can tell, but your GTX 1070 does not have a fan or it just doesn't report temps?

On 1/6/2019 at 9:06 PM, kb5zue said:

Nothing wrong with those temps far as I can tell, but your GTX 1070 does not have a fan or it just doesn't report temps?

it has 2 Fans. since ive made these posts ive noticed its on non stop while gaming due to the heat. it just wasnt on at that moment