How much thermal paste do I need?

I ordered this Kryonaut, is it enough? Enough for more than one application? This is my first time applying my own paste. 

Should I use that spatula thing and coat the entire surface or just put a dot in the middle? Completely new to doing this part myself and I'm not sure if I bought enough to mess it up.. 

Any other advice to a n00b would be great.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Using isopropyl acohol (I suggest 90%) with a cloth rag and wipe off the cooler and the cpu. You can also use a q tip to get a better reach or more control. Then if you want you can use the spatula with a small layer, but normally for a ryzen cpu just put a little dot (as shown in the video) and then screw the cooler back on tightning each screw slowly.

Watch a couple vids on it thats the best i can recommend. I have a tube of kryo and its good enough for 3 or so apps

Note its pretty hard to mess it up unless its liquid metal. If you apply it and its hotter than it was before then you messed up. Remember this helps transfer heat not dissipate it. A bad cooler will see sometimes negligible benefit.

Yup that's plenty of thermal paste. I would recommend putting a pea or grain of rice sized blob on the middle of the cpu and tightening the cooler down. You could also use the spatula thing and spread a thin layer of thermal paste across the top of the cpu but it is not necessary.  

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

Thanks for responses! 

Is it OK if some goes over the sides? I don't think this one is electrically conductive, if that matters.. 

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium

2 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Thanks for responses! 

Is it OK if some goes over the sides? I don't think this one is electrically conductive, if that matters.. 

Yes it is ok, as long as it doesn't spill over onto any components on the motherboard.

Quote or tag me @Lemtea so I can see your reply. 

PSU Tier List

DAYBREAK: R5 5600X | SAPPHIRE PULSE RX 6700XT | 32GB RAM | 1TB 970 EVO PLUSCRUCIAL MX200 1TB SSD | 4TB HDD | CORSAIR TX650M | PURE BASE 500DX | Win 10
FIRESTARTER: I5 760 @ 4.0GHZ | XFX R9 280X DD | 8GB RAM | CRUCIAL MX500 250GB SSD | OCZ ZX 1000W | CM 690 IIIWin 10
KEYBOARD & MOUSE | CORSAIR STRAFE RGB (MX RED) | GLORIOUS MODEL D | STEELSERIES QCK XXL
LAPTOP: DELL XPS 15 9570 i7 8750H | GTX 1050TI MAX Q | 16GB RAM | 500GB PCIE SSD | 4K TOUCHSCREEN Win 10 PRO

4 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Thanks for responses! 

You could probably coat half the MB if thermal paste and only issue is the mess as long as its not electrically conductive.

to give you too much info, the idea of too much tim stems from older tims that had much higher viscosity that tended to harden quickly. those wouldnt squeeze out to minimize the gap causing issues. you will be fine if you roughly follow the videos by reputable site like the verg---  i mean LTT or gamers nexus etc.

30 minutes ago, Lemtea said:

Yes it is ok, as long as it doesn't spill over onto any components on the motherboard.

30 minutes ago, Swes said:

You could probably coat half the MB if thermal paste and only issue is the mess as long as its not electrically conductive.

to give you too much info, the idea of too much tim stems from older tims that had much higher viscosity that tended to harden quickly. those wouldnt squeeze out to minimize the gap causing issues. you will be fine if you roughly follow the videos by reputable site like the verg---  i mean LTT or gamers nexus etc.

Awesome. So if I put to much on it will squeeze out the excess without limiting its effectiveness? I rather put on enough than not enough and have to redo it.. 

5 minutes ago, tomswife said:

Awesome. So if I put to much on it will squeeze out the excess without limiting its effectiveness? I rather put on enough than not enough and have to redo it.. 

Pretty much, dont over think it though. You really dont need that much and if you really worry about it, buy a cheap tube of MX-5 and put some on and mount the cooler then remove it you can see how it went and what it looks like.

11 minutes ago, Swes said:

Pretty much, dont over think it though. You really dont need that much and if you really worry about it, buy a cheap tube of MX-5 and put some on and mount the cooler then remove it you can see how it went and what it looks like.

That's a good idea but I'll just use your advise and if my temps aren't any better I'll check it out. (not really looking for better temps, just moving parts around).