Kraken G12 in a Lian Li PC-O11D placement

Circa Survivor

I plan on cooling my 1080 Armor OC with a Kraken G12 once I get my Lian Li Dynamic. I plan on using a corsair 240 rad to cool it, and I want to put it on the bottom of the case with the fans setup as intake, and also having 3 120mm fans on the side as intake. Is there any downside to this placement or is there a better placement I should use?

2 hours ago, Circa Survivor said:

Is there any downside to this placement or is there a better placement I should use?

Well other than the fans facing.... down... *badum tiss*

Puns aside, there's no drawback to using the bottom fans as intake for the rad. You can pretty much use any of the available spaces as intake since all the fan slots are filtered; whichever looks best to you. Just dont out your PC on the floor, A case like the O11D deserves to be shown off ;)  

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Well other than the fans facing.... down... *badum tiss*

Puns aside, there's no drawback to using the bottom fans as intake for the rad. You can pretty much use any of the available spaces as intake since all the fan slots are filtered; whichever looks best to you. Just dont out your PC on the floor, A case like the O11D deserves to be shown off ;)  

Thanks for the reply! Also thought about using an MSI frozr CPU cooler, with 3 intakes on side, 3 exhaust on top, and also turning the GPU rad fans on the bottom to exhaust. Seems like the airflow should have a smooth path because of the side intakes.

EDIT: Nevermind the Core Frozr L won't work for me. So instead of that I'll most likely put a 280mm cpu rad on the top as exhaust.