Tips for a guy new to PC gaming

mr-nipples

On xbox I usually get 2 K/D ratios most games. However since playing on pc (Crysis 3 and Battlefield BC2) I'm struggling, any tips?

Most console games have aim assist or larger hitboxes. Hitbox mean area that registers hits. When you're shooting, start aim at chest and let recoil move crosshair up. When you get to know each weapons recoil, you can aim head and pull down mouse to resist recoil effect. Also learn maps, especially in multiplayer it helps alot. Rest is practice and experience.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Practice twitch shooting, watch youtube channels for the games you play and lastly get a good mouse pad and a mouse and find your sensitivity.

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Using a controller on your PC makes it a lot easier, but then you don't get all of the benefits that come from mouse and keyboard controls.

When I switched from Xbox to PC I found that I had to have my mouse sensitivity really low to get the aiming right, because I wasn't used to making really fine movements. Over time I started getting used to it and I now have my sensitivity back at what I would call a normal level.

Most console games have aim assist or larger hitboxes. Hitbox mean area that registers hits. When you're shooting, start aim at chest and let recoil move crosshair up. When you get to know each weapons recoil, you can aim head and pull down mouse to resist recoil effect. Also learn maps, especially in multiplayer it helps alot. Rest is practice and experience.
+1 to this guy ^ also pc gamers are super hardcore.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Try having the mouse sensitivity quite low.

Also the advice from everyone else is good.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

Actually I got used to playing with keyboard/mouse by playing tons of Minecraft :P It's in first person and you don't get frustated unlike shooters.

Edit:

Oh yeah and get a good gaming mouse. I upgraded form a 5$ cheapo mouse to a Logitech G500. I fucking love it.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

Top thing when you start playing a new game you should adjust the key bindings and sensitivity settings for your mouse because it will dramatically help you out in the starting part and after that what more can be said then if you like the game just keep playing it, if your up for it to watch some strategy and gameplay videos to get a better feel of how others play it.

Using a controller on your PC makes it a lot easier, but then you don't get all of the benefits that come from mouse and keyboard controls.

When I switched from Xbox to PC I found that I had to have my mouse sensitivity really low to get the aiming right, because I wasn't used to making really fine movements. Over time I started getting used to it and I now have my sensitivity back at what I would call a normal level.

Using controller on PC FPS makes you handicapped more than using mouse without experience. Maybe if you haven't used mouse at all it could be better option.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

When you config keybinds, try to think which actions you need and when. If you play one game more than others then use its defaults as basic set for any new game. My bindings are combination from BF2 and CoD4 defaults.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Just keep playing man. If you aren't on a mouse/keyboard because the controller is familiar........ STOP! They don't put pussy assist in pc games, every kill you get is earned. It may take a while for you to get used to the new control scheme but it will be worth it.

1. Get a decent keyboard and mouse

2. Set up the keybinds how you like it (WTF is LCtrl the default crouch button on so many game?)

3.practice practice practice.

Just keep playing man. If you aren't on a mouse/keyboard because the controller is familiar........ STOP! They don't put pussy assist in pc games, every kill you get is earned. It may take a while for you to get used to the new control scheme but it will be worth it.

2. Set up the keybinds how you like it (WTF is LCtrl the default crouch button on so many game?)

LCtrl was hard to get used after I changed game from CS :P But now it's crouch on cntrl and walk/sprint/steady on shift.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

MBtn 5 = walk/sprint

shift = crouch

Pc gaming is definitely harder...Just practice.Practice makes perfect.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Thanks for the response folks!! I've just got my G400 and I can safely say that made a massive difference! Also disabling HPET has made crysis 3 actually playable now - so much that I'm tempted to make a new thread about it!

I think I found controller gaming on the PC so much easier because I'd been playing Xbox up until then. When I first made the switch I found it really difficult to get myself used to mouse and keyboard controls. Now though, I only use the controller for driving games. I definitely would not recommend using a controller permanently for FPS games on PC because then you might as well still be playing Xbox.

Just try and play without mouse acceleration in my opinion and after playing, you'll get used to the mouse at aiming. Well I guess practice is the key.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Thanks for the response folks!! I've just got my G400 and I can safely say that made a massive difference! Also disabling HPET has made crysis 3 actually playable now - so much that I'm tempted to make a new thread about it!

Yeah, a good mouse is really important for PC gaming. Just keep playing and playing. I used to suck at BF3 but now I can't even remember the last time I went negative.

#OhCrap #KilledMyWife

You will find that using a USB 3.0 port for 1000Hz-capable devices (like all 3 mentioned above) will improve response times.

LOLWTF??????

Please disregard Dave's statement as it's totally wrong.

Almost zero point to plug input devices into USB 3.0 ports.

Also the G400 > Rzr mamba.

Welcome to PC gaming my brother.

My tip to you is: Discover new games and play different games

Moving from console to PC means that there's going to be a wide variety of games that you can play, other than first person shooters. Play some rpg games, moba games, puzzle, sand box, and many more. Find multiple genres that suit your playing style and also genres that you find fun. (note: don't just choose a game because of it's graphics, let the story of the game mold your imagination <--- some deep, thoughtful shit right there).

Therefore, do not try to get better at a game, let yourself adjust into different play styles.

You will find that using a USB 3.0 port for 1000Hz-capable devices (like all 3 mentioned above) will improve response times.

LOLWTF??????

Please disregard Dave's statement as it's totally wrong.

Almost zero point to plug input devices into USB 3.0 ports.

Also the G400 > Rzr mamba.

Yes the G400 is an amazing mouse!