Linus pls

Snorlax

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuAIlBWvPQY&t=3m13s

"battery lasts for like a few hours"

I am a Galaxy Gear user myself, and that statement in the video is absolute bulltoes (you get the reference).

I use mine daily a lot. I have a custom ROM installed on it. It is rooted. It is unlocked to the max.

I browse, I check my school schedule through an application, I take a few pictures here and there, and I use a MAXIMUM of 30% per day.

I only charge mine two or three times per week, even with heavy use.

For instance. Today I showed a few people the Gear. I did a quick overview of it, showing the bluetooth tether (for internet access), took some pictures, browsed a bit, and so on. You get the idea.

Right now after 8 hours of use, it is at 91% battery. The screen is set to be on for 30 seconds instead of default 15 seconds, and I move around a lot, so the screen is pretty much always on.

So no, Linus, unless "a few hours" is a few days, then you are wrong.

Sorry for rant. I still love your videos.

Desktop: i9 12900K - 64GB 6000 MHz CL36 - RTX 4090 X3 OC

Unraid server: Ryzen 3900X - 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 - Quadro P2000 - 50+ TB raw

Ok you've peeked my interest..

Rooted, ONLY 70% of max use in a day...

I have a S4 and i used the Sont SmartWatch 2 and wasn't extraordinarily impressed. Due you think the gear is worth the price tag for the few extra features?

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

You have a custom ROM on it = Can't compare as that ROM may use less battery power.

|| Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 || RAM: 32GB (4x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengance (3000) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B450-Plus || Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX2070 || Storage: 750GB SSD (2 Drives), 3TB HDD (2 Drives) || Case: NZXT H500 || Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W || 

I have a custom ROM installed on it.

Soo..?

I have a S4 and i used the Sont SmartWatch 2 and wasn't extraordinarily impressed. Due you think the gear is worth the price tag for the few extra features?

Absolutely. I do not see a reason why anybody would consider anything else. Unless they have no money of course. This is for the person who wants the best.

You have a custom ROM on it = Can't compare as that ROM may use less battery power.

Custom ROM on top of the regular TouchWiz. It runs two launchers at the same time (duh). I switch between the launchers using NOVA launcher.

I have _NULL installed on it (custom ROM). Battery life should be worse than stock actually.

Soo..?

Their ROM is heavier, it will use more battery. Using a custom ROM will change the battery usage.

Quote me to get a reply!

For the curious people: I use _null ROM on my Gear, which has no battery improvements what so ever. It does come with some tweaks to increase battery life, but those have been disabled because it slows down the Gear as well as turn off usable stuff when I need it. So I turned it completely off, and the developers even said that the battery life is much compared to the stock.

A mix of manufacturing tolerances, usage type, usage amounts and CUSTOM FIRMWARE can change the battery, for better or worse.

Your argument is invalid.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Their ROM is heavier, it will use more battery. Using a custom ROM will change the battery usage.

So that is a good thing, right? People who use stock would expect a longer lasting battery life between each charges. I use a custom ROM and I can use it for up to three days before I charge it.

A mix of manufacturing tolerances, usage type, usage amounts and CUSTOM FIRMWARE can change the battery, for better or worse.

Your argument is invalid.

Which argument is invalid? I bet I use mine more than what Linus has done, considering his poor judgement.

So that is a good thing, right? People who use stock would expect a longer lasting battery life between each charges. I use a  custom ROM and I can use it for up to three days before I charge it.

People with the stock ROM will have less battery life.

Quote me to get a reply!

People with the stock ROM will have less battery life.

And how is that? Please elaborate your claim and provide some proof.

Guys, Linus is wrong sometimes. He is only human, however, this guy has first hand experience of this device. Do you? If not, stop telling him his argument is invalid; yours is more so, since you don't have the necessary experience.

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

Guys, Linus is wrong sometimes. He is only human, however, this guy has first hand experience of this device. Do you? If not, stop telling him his argument is invalid; yours is more so, since you don't have the necessary experience.

He is wrong sometimes I get that. We all make mistakes (inb4 some guy say we don't). I just do not see a reason for him to say it is "a few hours" of battery, when he probably have not even worn one for more than a few minutes.

He is wrong sometimes I get that. We all make mistakes (inb4 some guy say we don't). I just do not see a reason for him to say it is "a few hours" of battery, when he probably have not even worn one for more than a few minutes.

Yeah, he was probably exaggerating.

How fast does the battery go down when making calls?  I imagine he receives a lot of notifications, which would probably be quite taxing on the battery.  Personally, never had first hand experience with the Gear, but I have seen a lot of other "reviews" saying that battery life was short.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

How fast does the battery go down when making calls?  I imagine he receives a lot of notifications, which would probably be quite taxing on the battery.  Personally, never had first hand experience with the Gear, but I have seen a lot of other "reviews" saying that battery life was short.

A sign of the devil

5dFrJsS.png

A bit faster, but nothing that crazy. I receive a lot of notifications from Facebook as well (a few (5-10) per hour).

Yeah, he was probably exaggerating.

Most likely.

A sign of the devil

5dFrJsS.png

Hahaha!  Not anymore!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I've used the galaxy gear for about one month and you could get about 2 days of battery life out of it

and because it haves such a small battery, you can charget it completely in no more than 30 minutes so it's not that bad

I would come from school with it's battery at about 50-60%, chage it for 15-20 minuter and it would be good enough till the next day at about the same hour, with about 50-60% of battery left.  I can't say that I used it very often, only to change the songs when my note 3 was in my pocket, to count my steps, some ocasional photos and about 15-20 minutes of games. oh, and checking notifications whenever I was reciving one.

also, over night the battery wouldn't go down more that 1-2% :o

AMD Athlon X4 750k; Gigabyte F2A88XM-DS2; 8Gb Corsair XMS 1600 Mhz; AMD Hd5670 1Gb DDR3; Bequiet E6-600W; W7 Ultimate x64

#KILLEDMYWIFE                                                                                                                                                                                                                         so miner; very doge; much value   

Dell Vostro 5470: i5 4200U Nvidia GT740m 2Gb 14" 1366x768 Kingston V300 120Gb                                                                                              

I've used the galaxy gear for about one month and you could get about 2 days of battery life out of it

and because it haves such a small battery, you can charget it completely in no more than 30 minutes so it's not that bad

I would come from school with it's battery at about 50-60%, chage it for 15-20 minuter and it would be good enough till the next day at about the same hour, with about 50-60% of battery left.  I can't say that I used it very often, only to change the songs when my note 3 was in my pocket, to count my steps, some ocasional photos and about 15-20 minutes of games. oh, and checking notifications whenever I was reciving one.

also, over night the battery wouldn't go down more that 1-2% :o

I can vouch for that last part. I turned off bluetooth this weekend and put it on my table, and it went down 4% through out Friday till Sunday night.

And how is that? Please elaborate your claim and provide some proof.

The Samsung ROM is very heavy. Custom ROMs like Cyongen Mod. This has been prove for many other stock ROMs.

Quote me to get a reply!

Meh. My Citizen Eco-drive watch has lasted 8 years now. Compared to that, 3 days is indeed, "a few hours". 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Meh. My Citizen Eco-drive watch has lasted 8 years now. Compared to that, 3 days is indeed, "a few hours". 

8 years? Bro, my calculator I got when I was 9 still works.

8 years? Bro, my calculator I got when I was 9 still works.

8 years and still going. Actually close to 8.5 years now since I got it in mid 2005. 

(Calculators don't count, we're on a topic about watches)

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2