I am the epitome beginner...PLZ HELP

Hey Guys I need help, big time. I just bought a second hand computer of the internet and I thought that I had watched enough Linus videos and how-to's to that I could turn this thing into a functional update-able machine. I can provide what I have found out about it but im just sitting here and it seems as though I cant seem to make much head way in understanding where I need to start. Im just in need of some more understanding and constructive criticism because I want to learn about computers and building them even if it means ballin' on a budget. So here it goes. I've attached everything ive found online about this make and model. If there is anything I can do to start off please nudge me in the right direction, either to help me get started or to help you help me.

Thank you,

utopianexile

HP HPE-350t Performance Results - UserBenchmark.html

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-350t Product Specifications and Configurable Options _ HP® Customer Support.html

HP MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) motherboard for PC Gaming by HP.html

Hate to say it but I tried the links the original poster had in his note but all I got was garbage on one link, one link didn't work, and the other link was all screwed up.  I you can get a list of the machine specs listing things like the mobo, drives, gpu, etc., that may be of more help.

Original poster here lets give this another try. 

Main Features Core i7-860 2.8 GHz RAM 8 GB 750 GB SATA Hard Drive DVD RW SuperMulti Gigabit LAN ATI Radeon HD5570 1GB PCIe Graphics Card Windows 7 Professional 64-bit Less

(Benchmarks) https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13475462 

(HP website) https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02250426

(Motherboard )https://www.game-debate.com/motherboard/index.php?mot_id=3414&motherboard=HP MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E)

So, what exactly are you trying to do?

Is the machine not turning on? Is the machine turning on, but no display? Are you trying to upgrade an old computer but it won't turn on with new hardware?

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

45 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

Im just in need of some more understanding and constructive criticism because I want to learn about computers and building them even if it means ballin' on a budget

Your graphics card (ati hd5570) is not showing in the user benchmark. At the top of the page it says excluding GPU, SSD. Is your graphics card plugged in all the way? does it need a power cable? If you could get that going, that would be a great start. Also, make sure your monitor is plugged into your graphics card. And make sure you have drivers for your gpu. just search "AMD HD5570 drivers" into google. there should be a link from amd.

If you are not planning to game much on this machine, i would just get an SSD for it and call it a day. 

Its working for the most part, to my knowledge. My main goal is trying to upgrade it so that I can do some gaming and streaming on it, not necessarily at the same time since I still primarily game on my console. I want to upgrade but right now cant even tell if thats possible because it seems like its more out of date than i thought. My streaming goal is for 720p60fps and to play old and some modern games at moderate settings. Right now the only game I have is KOTOR and KOTOR2 but am hoping to get Fallout 3 and New Vegas in to the mix, ya know relive those glory days.  

8 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

Its working for the most part, to my knowledge. My main goal is trying to upgrade it so that I can do some gaming and streaming on it, not necessarily at the same time since I still primarily game on my console. I want to upgrade but right now cant even tell if thats possible because it seems like its more out of date than i thought. My streaming goal is for 720p60fps and to play old and some modern games at moderate settings. Right now the only game I have is KOTOR and KOTOR2 but am hoping to get Fallout 3 and New Vegas in to the mix, ya know relive those glory days.  

Buy a GTX 1050 Ti would be my recommendation. It's not too expensive and would be suitable for the rest of that hardware.

*As long as you have a PSU that can support it.

So i downloaded the drivers from this site...seems legit right?

https://drp.su/en/devices/video/amd/amd-radeon-hd-5570?os=windows-7-x64

Septimus ive watched countless 1050ti reviews you dont even know. how can i figure out if the psu cant handle to load without just buying it and crossing my fingers. what do i look for that would indicate this? cores? threads? etc its still all very blurry to me. also my initial thought was a 1030gddr5 half the price and figured it would be more suitable output wise so that there isnt some sort of bottleneck. not sure if i used that term correctly but i hear it all the time.  

7 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

newest benchmark now that graphics drivers are installed

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/13476268

300w PSU. So anything in the low "mainstream" will work fine. i7-860 will be fine. Get a SSD for the Boot drive and you'll be okay.  

Though you need to stick to GPUs powered off the PCIe connector itself. How big is the case? Full sized cards or only half-sized?

20 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

newest benchmark now that graphics drivers are installed

Good now your gpu is showing. I dont know if you have the games you want to play installed, but if you do i would do a quick test at 720p and see how the performance is. also to maximize the performance of your gpu, you can try downloading msi afterburner. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube of where to download it and how to use it. 

37 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

how can i figure out if the psu cant handle to load without just buying it and crossing my fingers.

Psu's are pretty easy to understand. Fist thing to look at is the wattage. Hp says the power supply is 300 watts. That may not be enough for a new gpu.  So i would recommend getting a new one. I think a EVGA 450 BT would work.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438130&ignorebbr=1

This is a 450 watt. And it is 80plus bronze. 80plus means that the efficiency of the power from the wall to the output to your pc is good. So this power supply consumes less power from the wall than a less efficient non 80plus psu. 

1 hour ago, utopianexile said:

even if it means ballin' on a budget.

Also, i dont think a GTX 1050ti is ballin' on a budget. If you are comfortable buying used, i would recommend an AMD R9 290 from ebay. Those go for about $100USD and are a little better than a 1050ti

9 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

300w PSU. So anything in the low "mainstream" will work fine. i7-860 will be fine. Get a SSD for the Boot drive and you'll be okay.  

Though you need to stick to GPUs powered off the PCIe connector itself. How big is the case? Full sized cards or only half-sized?

not sure what it qualifies as but these are the dimensions 16" tall x 16" deep x 7" wide (Case) not sure about the card slots i havent opened it up i only just picked it up and plugged it in about 2 hours ago. how can i find out the sizes and comparability for said SSD's

1 minute ago, utopianexile said:

not sure what it qualifies as but these are the dimensions 16" tall x 16" deep x 7" wide (Case) not sure about the card slots i havent opened it up i only just picked it up and plugged it in about 2 hours ago. how can i find out the sizes and comparability for said SSD's

You're going to need to open the case and look inside, at least for spacing to place drives.

As for card slot height, just look at the back.  https://www.quora.com/How-are-Half-Length-Full-Length-and-Low-Profile-PCI-slots-different-from-each-other

8 minutes ago, chrispy747 said:

Good now your gpu is showing. I dont know if you have the games you want to play installed, but if you do i would do a quick test at 720p and see how the performance is. also to maximize the performance of your gpu, you can try downloading msi afterburner. There are plenty of tutorials on youtube of where to download it and how to use it. 

Psu's are pretty easy to understand. Fist thing to look at is the wattage. Hp says the power supply is 300 watts. That may not be enough for a new gpu.  So i would recommend getting a new one. I think a EVGA 450 BT would work.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438130&ignorebbr=1

This is a 450 watt. And it is 80plus bronze. 80plus means that the efficiency of the power from the wall to the output to your pc is good. So this power supply consumes less power from the wall than a less efficient non 80plus psu. 

Also, i dont think a GTX 1050ti is ballin' on a budget. If you are comfortable buying used, i would recommend an AMD R9 290 from ebay. Those go for about $100USD and are a little better than a 1050ti

ok, first, msi afterburner will do thanks! 

second, 450 BT 80+ bronze, noted and on my pick up list

and third, ill look into used although skeptical. is there anything new out there that would fit the bill, also what draws the line with my set up for incompatable GPU's?

also kind of the sa,e question for CPU's if i end up having enough money to swing it. 

7 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

You're going to need to open the case and look inside, at least for spacing to place drives.

As for card slot height, just look at the back.  https://www.quora.com/How-are-Half-Length-Full-Length-and-Low-Profile-PCI-slots-different-from-each-other

looks like 4(2 used) full height (4 inches)single width pci slots, length not sure yet will find out tomorrow.  

7 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

ill look into used although skeptical. is there anything new out there that would fit the bil

I see, I don't blame you for wanting to buy new. I'm the same way honestly, yet for some reason i still recommend it to people. xD

For playing at 720p 60fps, a 1050ti is a little overkill. I would recommend an AMD RX 560. Cheap and perfect for 720p gaming.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137260

This gpu should definitely fit in that case. 

11 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

also kind of the sa,e question for CPU's if i end up having enough money to swing it. 

I wouldn't worry about the cpu. It is plenty powerful enough. Just gpu if you find your current card not good enough.

Also, that motherboard from HP might not support a different cpu.

10 minutes ago, chrispy747 said:

I see, I don't blame you for wanting to buy new. I'm the same way honestly, yet for some reason i still recommend it to people. xD

For playing at 720p 60fps, a 1050ti is a little overkill. I would recommend an AMD RX 560. Cheap and perfect for 720p gaming.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137260

This gpu should definitely fit in that case. 

I wouldn't worry about the cpu. It is plenty powerful enough. Just gpu if you find your current card not good enough.

Also, that motherboard from HP might not support a different cpu.

would i be able to squeeze 1080p out of the rx560 if i decide to make the jump to a game that is more modern say fallout 3 or 4. i dont want to necessarily be stuck at the bare minimums especially if i take a real liking to pc gaming which i think i will cuz even KOTOR i feel like im finally playing it the way it was meant and that game is like 15 years old. also is utilizing a SSD as easy as plug and go or does the old HDD need to be trashed or will it just suplement some of the work load along with the SSD oh and what size i think ive seen 128gb as the minimum

Just now, utopianexile said:

would i be able to squeeze 1080p out of the rx560 if i decide to make the jump to a game that is more modern say fallout 3 or 4.

If that's the case, i would recommend an RX 580. Those cards can handle any game at 1080p 60fps. There are some great deals lately. But generally they are going for $200-240USD right now.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150794&Description=rx 580&cm_re=rx_580-_-14-150-794-_-Product

2 minutes ago, utopianexile said:

would i be able to squeeze 1080p out of the rx560 if i decide to make the jump to a game that is more modern say fallout 3 or 4. i dont want to necessarily be stuck at the bare minimums especially if i take a real liking to pc gaming which i think i will cuz even KOTOR i feel like im finally playing it the way it was meant and that game is like 15 years old. 

It really just depends on the game, but 1080p/Medium is doable on most modern titles. 

Medium.png

This is something of a worst-case scenario for GPUs, as the game just isn't well optimized. 

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It really just depends on the game, but 1080p/Medium is doable on most modern titles. 

Medium.png

This is something of a worst-case scenario for GPUs, as the game just isn't well optimized. 

dude this is the visual ive been looking for for the last like 2 weeks this just works better for my brain thank you

1 minute ago, utopianexile said:

dude this is the visual ive been looking for for the last like 2 weeks this just works better for my brain thank you

Hardware Unboxed does most of those articles for TechSpot. So you can check the HU YouTube channel for more GPU/Game reviews.