Login crashes Battle.net launcher via Wine (Ubuntu)

Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

alright, apparently installing overwatch on lutris (which just installs battle.net) creates a new wine prefix. It seems like launching batlle.net on the main prefix as opposed to the one it was actually installed on would cause neither to work. The install on the main prefix appeared to bug everything out.

I'm trying to log into battle.net to run Overwatch via Linux, but it crashes as soon as I hit enter to log in. I tried lutris to install it automatically, and tried manually by running battle.net installer and installing DXVK. Any thoughts as to why?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

alright, apparently installing overwatch on lutris (which just installs battle.net) creates a new wine prefix. It seems like launching batlle.net on the main prefix as opposed to the one it was actually installed on would cause neither to work. The install on the main prefix appeared to bug everything out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

yup. you need to launch it through Lutris. 

Actually just did the DXVK thing myself, using the lutris setup unwittingly screwed me over in that regard.

Primary PC: