No Sound in Battlefield 4 after Crashing

Guest DeWat4

I was playing Battlefield 4 when I got a BSOD. After my computer restarts, I boot up BF4 only to find no sound. I didn't find a solution online after an hour of searching so I reinstalled it, and it worked. Since then, Battlefield has crashed twice, once from an unstable overclock (reinstalled it again), and once because something fell and hit the switch on my surge protector (IKYN). I don't feel like reinstalling the damn game, so does anyone have any idea as to why the sound won't work? All of my drivers are up-to-date, and the sound works for everything but BF4.

have you checked in device manager or your audio drivers to see if everything is displaying and working correctly?

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

1 minute ago, DakotaWebber said:

have you checked in device manager or your audio drivers to see if everything is displaying and working correctly?

Yeah, everything is working correctly. All of my drivers are up to date and everything looks to be working correctly.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/no-sound-at-all-in-Battlefield-4-PC/td-p/3318675 maybe try some of the answers on this? 

some people recommend disabling windows defender, changing the config files for the audio, or going into your sound settings and changing the audio quality

also maybe try different audio jacks or audio through usb?

CPU: i5-4690k @ 4.4 GHz | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333MHz | GPU: Sapphire Pulse RX 580 4GB 

12 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/no-sound-at-all-in-Battlefield-4-PC/td-p/3318675 maybe try some of the answers on this? 

some people recommend disabling windows defender, changing the config files for the audio, or going into your sound settings and changing the audio quality

I've tried all of those things and I think that it's a problem with my Origin games in general. I also have this issue with Madden 19, but I can get Madden 19 to play audio through a source that isn't my headphones. I tried playing audio through everything I have connected to my computer for Battlefield 4, and nothing works. I reinstalled my drivers and did just about everything that was suggested in the forum you linked me. 

13 hours ago, DakotaWebber said:

Disabling every audio device but my headphones did the trick. Thanks for the help!