Windows 10 Install Media Drivers Problem

WillB1

Hello,

I have been struck with a problem while trying to clean install windows 10 on my new pc. I get past the "install now page" and then I see this message "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB, or Hard disk driver. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now." I feel like I have tried everything. I have tried switching usb ports disabling certain things in bios, and trying to install Intel Rapid Storage technology drivers, almost anything you can find about the topic online. I did have to download from a mac, however I tried many different macs and I can get past the install now page, until I get the media driver missing problem. Should I find a windows computer and download from that? Or should I just buy the usb from Microsoft's website?

Thank you.

Hello, welcome to the forums! :D 

From what I've read, you're trying to install Windows 10 on old hardware. What you need is the drivers for the Hard drives. What are the system specs?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

After pressing Ok on that message, do you still see your hard drives or are they simply not there?

If the HDD(s) are not there, can you make sure your SATA mode in the Bios is set to either AHCI or IDE?
Sometimes manufacturers (especially on pre-built), love to put that mode to RAID, which can cause install issues as not every RAID drivers are baked in the Windows ISO.
What you could do is look up the SATA/RAID drivers for your particular chipset and add them to the Windows ISO...
If it's already set to AHCI/IDE and you don't see the HDD regardless, you might need the drivers for it as well, but usually, especially for older hardware, that should've been baked in the ISO.

Are you trying to Install Windows on the Mac or on a different PC?

That said, since you've mentioned downloading it from a mac, did Microsoft let you download the ISO straight up from their website or did they make you go through their terrible media installer software that downloaded files separately and then push them to a bootable USB?

If the later, I would suggest using either an android/ios tablet or a chrome extension like Mobile Browser Emulator(you then need to manually open a mobile browsing window from the extension icon), and going to the Windows 10 download page, it should let you download the ISO straight up that you can then push to a USB drive yourself with a software like Rufus. (Not available on Mac though... so you'll need an alternative)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Thank you so much, I am trying what you said now. This was downloaded from a Mac to my pc with the z390 chipset with an iso file. Hope this helps!