Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Good idea for Minecraft update?

So Ive been getting back into MC and I've copmiled a list of what I think could be a very legit and very needed update. This any good? (Also please dont try to repost on a different forum as your own... I had a proper sit down thinking this up

1.1x Wood & Cook Update

• -Leaves now have a 1/100ish chance of spawning xp orbs.

• -New Enchant: Splitting (I-V): Each lvl of splitting increases the chance you'll get two blocks of wood instead of one (5% at lvl I onwards to 25%~ at V). Only for axes.

• -Apple Pie is added: crafted and behaves identically to a pumpkin pie with the only difference being an apple in place of a pumpkin.

• -Apple trees are now part of the game, they don't need to be like the Pam's Harvest craft ones with actual apple blocks as a different textured leave block with varying shades of reds for the apples would work and prob have better performance.

• -Chests now have a different texture for each wood type, with the default being oak (This is a maybe).

• =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

==Alternative idea for mulch: three mulch and a dirt block can be used to craft Mulch Dirt, which increases growth rate o saplings on it by 10% and after being hoed and turned into Mulch Farmland increases the likelihood of crop growth on it by a similar 10%~

==Reasons for this update: Minecraft feels very much like a 'mine or fight' game with not much content beyond either (aside from exploring the ocean.. to find guardians to fight), for the game to really feel more full it needs to diversify the content among other things like farming, wood harvesting, cooking, etc. to really give the game the depth it needs. I've been playing MC for a loooong time and while I can appreciate the amount of work that's gone into giving more to explore and find that adds a different kind of depth. I dont always want to explore and find new things and making the tasks I already do something I can (excuse the rpg term) class into would really help take the game to a different level

==Also for the love of all things good please add the features of mods like inventory tweaks to the game, they're simple and I don't imagine they affect performance but man does it make the game a lot better.

• -Brown Mooshrooms are a thing and are just like the red ones, only brown with brown mushrooms. This would make brown mushrooms more obtainable and just generally make more sense.

• -You can cook rotten flesh for leather, this provides an alternative for leather and makes rotting flesh not useless beyond emergency food. For balancing reasons you can add a leather scrap which acts similarly to the nuggets in ingots in that crafting 4 or 9 of them together gives one leather (so it'd be 4/9 rotting flesh per leather)

• -Sushi is added: it is crafted using dried kelp and raw fish of any kind (I'm unsure of a balanced crafting recipe, maybe 3 dried kelp and a fish?). Upon being eaten it provides 1 full drumstick.

• -Stripping wood blocks now have a 10%? of dropping bark of the corresponding wood, which has the burn time of a stick

• -3 bark can be used to craft mulch, which upon using on crops and saplings will boost as follows:

• +Wheat, Carrots, and Potatoes: 1-3 growth stages

• +Beetroot: Have a 25% chance of growing to next stage

• +Saplings: Have a 25% chance of growing into next stage

• +Melon and Pumpkin Seeds: 1-3 growth stages

• -Beef Stew is added: uses one steak, a birch/spruce bark, bottle of water, and red/brown mushroom. This heals for 5.5 drumsticks (this may be too high but also steak alone heals 4).

• -Mutton Stew is added: uses one cooked mutton, a birch/spruce bark, bottle of water, and red/brown mushroom. This heals for 4.5 drumsticks.

• -Chicken Stew is added: uses one cooked chicken, a birch/spruce bark, bottle of water, and red/brown mushroom. This heals for 4.5 drumsticks.

• -Fortune now increases the odds xp orbs come from leaves, each level adding 3%ish.

• -Jam is added: crafted from three sweet berries and a glass bottle. Heals for 1.5 drumsticks.

• -Jam on Toast is added: crafted from a bottle of jam and a bread. Heals for 4 full drumsticks.

• -Smoked Steak is added: created by cooking steak in smoker using bark. Heals for 5 drumsticks.

• -Smoked Mutton is added: created by cooking mutton in smoker using bark. Heals for 3.5 drumsticks.

• -Smoked Chicken is added: created by cooking chicken in smoker using bark. Heals for 3.5 drumsticks.

• -Smoked Rabbit is added: created by cooking rabbit in smoker using bark. Heals for 3.5 drumsticks.

• -Smoked Pork is added: created by cooking raw porkchop in smoker using bark. Heals for 4.5 drumsticks.

• -Smoked Salmon is added: created by cooking raw salmon in smoker using bark. Heals for 3.5 drumsticks.

• -Using empty bottle on cactus provides a bottle of water

• -Mushroom Stew now stacks up to 16

• -When in a forest biome birds can be heard chirping, leaves can possibly be heard rustling. When in cold biomes I want to hear the arctic winds and feel colder. Deserts don't need too much but some light wind wouldn't hurt. What minecraft needs is more acoustic immersion to really suck the player in. When the MC music isn't playing have these sounds fade in and out to really add a new level of depth. Often when Im playing and the music stops (not saying it needs to be on all the time please dont do that) I’m often left in relative silence and while I can appreciate silence it isn't adding to my experience at all.

Now you just need to create a mod featuring all these additions/changes if you want them anytime soon.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB with Noctua Fans / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 11 Pro

9 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Now you just need to create a mod featuring all these additions/changes if you want them anytime soon.

Yea you right...