Decided to go nuts - Lian-Li PC-O11DB

Bonzay0

So I decided I would build my most insane PC yet. Something that is in between: "Holy shit my wallet has holes in it!" and "Maybe I should custom loop this... with gold".

My build will have the following:

* Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black

* Core i7 9700K

* T-Force Night Hawk RGB Black 32GB RAM 3200Mhz  CL16

* Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme

* EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra (couldn't get my hands on a 2080ti...)

* WD Black M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB 

* WD Black 3TB HDD

(There is also an Intel optane 32gb but it got delayed so I'm not sure if it will be in this build)

For cooling I wanted a custom loop but I have 0 experience with that, and those parts are super expensive.

So I went with:

* Corsair H115i Pro RGB

* 6x Corsair ML120 - for the case

* 2x Corsair ML140 - to replace the rad fans with some better looking fans.

All the parts should arrive tomorrow, for now I have on me the cooler and fans.

Will keep the topic updated with pics and other info as I progress through the build.

(This is my second time building a PC from scratch if not counting all my previous upgrades I did for myself and family)

IMG_20181230_215342.jpg

So apparently even in the Xtreme version Gigabyte can fuck up...

I just received the parts and installed the CPU and RAM only to find out that when I was going to install the m.2 that there is a missing screw on the motherboard!!

I contacted the shop I bought from and they said that they are sorry and will try to provide me with a new screw. (Also they requested to send anything else I can see that is missing)

Well let's continue with what we have for now. The system won't die from not having a heatsink loose on an empty m.2 slot.IMG_20181231_140056.thumb.jpg.a40423eb2502a373d59e84c0b3e1fb7a.jpg

Also,  here is a picture of the parts before unboxing. (I forgot the video card box in the next room!!!)IMG_20181231_122559.thumb.jpg.0314ec9ae9a566e9953261f52f4cbd95.jpg

Nice, I just put together my similar build.  I started with an H115i but temps hit near 100C (Prime95 w/ AVX) with the 9900K cranked up to 5Ghz so I replaced it with a custom loop. Your results may vary.  I kinda wish I had gone with fans that are compatible with RGB Fusion software, but I like the Corsair fans and the Corsair Commander Pro.  A plus is there is a nice place to mount them.

For the M.2 screw, see if one came separate in the box. I believe that is how it was with my Z390 Aorus board.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out.

CCP.jpg

ch0b1tsAorus.JPG

This is beautiful, I just finished my build lastnight using this same motherboard, I blew all my budget on the i9-9900K so I ordered the same AIO cooler you have there to do me over till I can go with a custom loop. So glad to see someone else using this board, literally the best z390 I could find with 10gbps ethernet!

Post more pictures!

EDIT:

Also, the motherboard comes with a bunch of extra screws in the box, those screws are only to hold the heatsinks down for the M.2 drives, there's a bunch more in the box for holding down the actual M.2 drives. The heatsinks also fit loosely even when tightened down (which is probably why a screw fell out) so I took two spare washers for the screws that hold a fan onto a rad, and put them between the standoff and the m.2 heatsink to stop it from having any play without an m.2 drive in those slots.

I also can't remember which slot, but if you use the easiest accessable slot (top one) it disables SATA 4 and 5, if you use the middle one I think? Might be the very bottom one, it says in the manual some where, you won't lose any SATA connectors functionality if it's an NVME M.2, if you use SATA M.2, none of this matters because SATA 4 and 5 will be disabled regardless of slot you use.

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

I have the worst cable management ever, I think I will re do it today.

I had no time to fix it yesterday I just had to try and power the PC on to see if it works and I didn't destroy anything.

I almost killed my USB 3 pins by trying to connect it backwards.

My real issue is the hx1000i cables that are thick as f. I can't seem to make the go the direction I want.IMG_20190101_081333.thumb.jpg.9afdb096b08b9db706f08c11f5901e0e.jpg

At least it posts!

There is cables everywhere!!!!

After tweaking the cables I will set up the rest. Also will need to overclock this baby.

Any one knows what cables works with Corsair hx1000i that are not thick as fuck and are flexible?

So I bought some cablemods cables (Black&Blue) for my HX1000i so until they arrive I'll try to make do and fix a bit the cable management. One of the fans hits a cable!! Ahhhh...

Also ordered a commander pro so I won't need to use two controllers and a node.

Probably will take 2-3 weeks to arrive (I don't have any local shop that provide any of those)

So until then it is make do and try to overclock this beast!

I wish I will be lucky and get to 5.2+

Wish me (silicone) luck!

Also, I will post more pics this evening.

Edit: I searched all over for the screw or for an extra one, but there is none. There is a screw and a stand for m.2 itself but not for the protector (heatsink) above it.

Ok finally done!

wyOPaut.jpg

Not my best cable management, probably will do better when the new cables will arrive.

pzR7THE.jpg

At least it looks decent on the front.

g2ZEEWw.jpg

Those damn bulky cables!!

4XIJ0iJ.jpg

Final set up! I moved my 24" monitor to a table stand to the left cuz the PC needed go to the right.

Here some close-ups:

3SCqZMx.jpg

Xaz0X3R.jpg

JOIpXLd.jpg

WtXcaZV.jpg

Now I need just to remember to close the lights and take some proper pictures.

Took me like 3 hours to set up windows and I'm not even done!!

After I'm done I'll get Aida, cinebench and all that goodies and start overclocking this beast.

Any one used or using the temperature wires and have suggestions where should I put them? (If at all)

Edit:

I just noticed I forgot to cable manage my desk cables!!! Shiiii will have to fix that tonight.

On 1/1/2019 at 5:02 AM, Bonzay0 said:

There is a screw and a stand for m.2 itself but not for the protector (heatsink) above it.

That screw should still fit to hold the heatsink down, the m.2 standoff and heatsink standoff's are the same thread pitch. there should also be like 3 of them in the box for each of the M.2 slots

4 hours ago, Bonzay0 said:

g2ZEEWw.jpg

Those damn bulky cables!!

Holy! You really got that 24pin to flex, mine refused to do that, had to do this janky vertical setup when the cable running down because Corsair in their infinite wisdom decided they should put heatshrink tubing at the ends of them bulking all of the wires together, I still have to make a cable mod order as well but the only thing stopping me is that I don't know what colour to go with haha

Desktop: CASE: NZXT H510 Elite CPU: Intel i9-9900K RAM: 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro GPU: 11GB EVGA FTW3 1080ti NVMe: 3x1TB  XPG Gammix S11 HDD: 1x8TB Barracuda PSU: HX1200 OS: Windows 10 Pro b19043
Laptop: CASE: Asus Zephyrus Duo CPU: Intel i7-10875H RAM: 32GB SSD: 2x Samsung 1TB NVMe RAID 0 OS: Pop_OS 20.04 LTS

Mobile: MODEL: Galaxy S21 Ultra  SSD: 128GB RAM: 12GB OS: Unlocked One UI 3.1 Android 11

Mobile: MODEL: Nubia Red Magic 5G SSD: 256GB RAM: 12GB OS: Rooted RM5S Android 11

1 hour ago, bANONYMOUS said:

That screw should still fit to hold the heatsink down, the m.2 standoff and heatsink standoff's are the same thread pitch. there should also be like 3 of them in the box for each of the M.2 slots

I will try that.

Holy! You really got that 24pin to flex, mine refused to do that, had to do this janky vertical setup when the cable running down because Corsair in their infinite wisdom decided they should put heatshrink tubing at the ends of them bulking all of the wires together, I still have to make a cable mod order as well but the only thing stopping me is that I don't know what colour to go with haha

Yeah I forced it to, hope I didn't break anything...

For me, it was either Black or Blue&Black.

And because everyone I asked which one should I take told me Blue & Black I went with it.

Well for now, until the new cables gets here I'm OCing the PC.

Did 5.1GHz with VCore on 1.365V, temps goes to the 90's. Well I set the LLC to extreme so I'm getting between 1.392V to 1.404V.

But for now it looks stable. And not super toasty.

I'll try to do 5.0GHz after I can find my stable 5.1 (should have done it before but I'm stupid) so I can use something less voltage demanding.

1590272886_SomeOCgoingon.png.2358db5c9d2fdc3b91b19f6df804d3b2.png

• 6 months later...
On 12/30/2018 at 3:45 PM, Bonzay0 said:

So I decided I would build my most insane PC yet. Something that is in between: "Holy shit my wallet has holes in it!" and "Maybe I should custom loop this... with gold".

My build will have the following:

* Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black

* Core i7 9700K

* T-Force Night Hawk RGB Black 32GB RAM 3200Mhz  CL16

* Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme

* EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra (couldn't get my hands on a 2080ti...)

* WD Black M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB 

* WD Black 3TB HDD

(There is also an Intel optane 32gb but it got delayed so I'm not sure if it will be in this build)

For cooling I wanted a custom loop but I have 0 experience with that, and those parts are super expensive.

So I went with:

* Corsair H115i Pro RGB

* 6x Corsair ML120 - for the case

* 2x Corsair ML140 - to replace the rad fans with some better looking fans.

All the parts should arrive tomorrow, for now I have on me the cooler and fans.

Will keep the topic updated with pics and other info as I progress through the build.

(This is my second time building a PC from scratch if not counting all my previous upgrades I did for myself and family)

IMG_20181230_215342.jpg

Im looking at getting a similar build soon. Didnt the h115I come with the RGB mag lev fans? Also, is there room for a third fan beside the 2 fan mount at the top? Thanks!! :)

**EDIT** I guess its the platinum 115i that has the ML fans included