Question about temps...

So….

We all know that for supreme performance your system apparently needs to be just above the freezing point. I wondered if there excisted graphics charts that show wich temperature has what effect on average… With all these gpu set to be stock on start with the fan spin around 60 degrees celcius i wondered if it would have any effect if i could manage it under full load at 50 degrees for instance if there is any difference at all

6 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

So….

We all know that for supreme performance your system apparently needs to be just above the freezing point. I wondered if there excisted graphics charts that show wich temperature has what effect on average… With all these gpu set to be stock on start with the fan spin around 60 degrees celcius i wondered if it would have any effect if i could manage it under full load at 50 degrees for instance if there is any difference at all

It would make no difference in perfomance for the average person. As long as your part is not hitting its Temp Cap then performance will not change.

EG) My reference RX480 at 85c would have the same performance as a Asus Strix RX480 at 65c with the same clock speed.

5 minutes ago, Strike105X said:

None, also only AMD FX cpu's suffered performance issues when getting above a certain temperature threshold, for the rest of computer hardware temperature is usually lowered for prolonged life of components.

4 minutes ago, RaidAU said:

It would make no difference in perfomance for the average person. As long as your part is not hitting its Temp Cap then performance will not change.

EG) My reference RX480 at 85c would have the same performance as a Asus Strix RX480 at 65c with the same clock speed.

Oke then i can conclude it would be useless to invest more time and research/money in cooling my p.c. if the average gpu temp is between 50 and 60 degrees C and a cpu that is between 40 and 50 degrees celcius… motherboard nicely on a average of 30 degrees C

12 minutes ago, RaidAU said:

My reference RX480 at 85c would have the same performance as a Asus Strix RX480 at 65c with the same clock speed.

This is true

12 minutes ago, RaidAU said:

As long as your part is not hitting its Temp Cap then performance will not change.

But this is not. There's a reason extreme overclockers need temps well below freezing. Lower temps increases stability, or provides stability for higher clock speeds, however you want to look at it. But for the average user's GPU, no it doesn't matter (also GPU Boost 3).

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

2 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

But this is not. There's a reason extreme overclockers need temps well below freezing. Lower temps increases stability, or provides stability for higher clock speeds, however you want to look at it. But for the average user's GPU, no it doesn't matter

As i said "for the average person"

Of course if you wanted to do anything better then a mild OC you would need beefy cooling

Got my Pentium G3258 to 5.1Ghz on water cooling a year ago, was fun

2 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

So….

It's been proven times and times again that temperature doesn't really matter what so ever until it's molten lava hot...same with cpu...but people like to worry about temps like there lives depend on it...and company's love to sell those expensive fancy cooling solutions...so here we are today worrying about a problem that really wasn't one to begin with.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

6 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

It's been proven times and times again that temperature doesn't really matter what so ever until it's molten lava hot...same with cpu...but people like to worry about temps like there lives depend on it...and company's love to sell those expensive fancy cooling solutions...so here we are today worrying about a problem that really wasn't one to begin with.

yah unless pushing them OCs anything that dosnt throttle is fine

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 hours ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

well for me it started with finding the right system in which i can run everything i want on the settings i want without turning my p.c. into an extra stove.. somewhere i reckoned that if i keep my temperatures below a certain point that i'm not trying to be part of global heating ( no lets not discuss about that truth )… and in the same way the psu's are labeled with gold/silver etc i figured it might be handy if i can reach some kind of efficiency level based on heating in my system too… My machine does easily 8 hours a day so in that case you want to make extra certain that your not double paying so to speak