Motherboard Suggestions (Z87)

Vague
Go to solution Solved by sabot,

Yeah i only chose that because of the colour.

Well mine is running with no issues! The drivers are great!

So i am currently in the middle of getting parts together for new build at the end of this month and i can't really make my mind up between these. Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H, MSI Z87-GD65 and Asus Z87-PRO. What do you think is the best out of these? Also i am open to other suggestions, Budget would be £150.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Pick whatever looks good to you.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

If you're under a budget you should get something with better features even if it's slightly over your £150 budget. I'd go with any of the Msi or Gigabytes motherboards under that or around it.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Pick whatever looks good to you.

Oh man, if it was just that simple:P I'm a bit picky =( I like the looks of the Asus Z87-PRO but i know the MSI and gigabyte one will be easier to build with "Colour scheme"

If you're under a budget you should get something with better features even if it's slightly over your £150 budget. I'd go with any of the Msi or Gigabytes motherboards under that or around it.

Of course i can stretch the budget but i would rather not :D

I love my ud5h, the ud4h would probably be just as good!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

I love my ud5h, the ud4h would probably be just as good!

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Guess i will just get the Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H. Thanks man.