First computer build fail, need help

Atlas270
Go to solution Solved by glenalz81,
6 minutes ago, Atlas270 said:

I haven't updated it myself, no. But if you're talking about updating it to be compatible with my cpu, I've been told it comes already compatible with this cpu and has the "AMD RYZEN DESKTOP 2000 READY" sticker on it. I'm using an AMD Ryzen 3 2200g with a Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H.

As long as it says Ryzen 2000 ready that's fine. If your sure that your ram is compatible then most likely a board failure.

If you haven't yet,  unplug everything not needed to power on, ssd/hdd/fans/contollers the lot then see if it stays switched on, if it does there's a problem with one of those, if not then i'd say RMA the board.

If you have access to another PSU would be worth a try aswell.

2 hours ago, Atlas270 said:

Hey guys, random question, but I'm trying to get answers asap. I'm a novice builder and I just built my brother a budget rig, but I messed up several times and can't seem to figure out what I did wrong. With the build complete my motherboard will light up for a second and then turn off whenever I try to power on the pc. I'm in the middle of replacing my cpu as I believe that was the issue because I sort of touched the thermal paste on it when I was installing the cooler. Yea, big mess up for my first build... Without a spare cpu and not being able to test another until the replacement comes in I'm not sure how to troubleshoot the other parts or how to test the actual problem. I'm on an AMD Ryzon 3 2200g cpu with a Gigabyte Ultra Durable GA-AB350M-DS3H Desktop Motherboard. Any and all help is appreciated.

Does your mono have a code or debug light? If so maybe you can figure out what part it is.