My First Gaming PC

OGH2020

I have never built a computer before, but I have wanted to for a while and finally was able to acquire the parts and build one. The build went over really well, and but I had a few problems that I will go over later.

The Parts

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - This CPU was fantastic and is a great deal for the price.

Motherboard - Asus Prime X470-Pro - The installation was very easy and it looks great in my system. The only issue was the Case front I/O USB install, because it was hard to find where the header was but it all works now.

Memory - Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8gb DDR4-3000 CL15 - This ram was super easy to install, the design is simple and looks great, and the heat spreader is low that future CPU cooler compatibility should be fine.

Storage - Samsung 860 Evo 500gb and WD Blue 1tb 7200 - 860 Evo is super fast for the OS, and the HDD is quiet enough so I can't hear it while it runs. My only issue was the SATA cable from the Motherboard to the HDD, because it had a 90° angle and couldn't bend before it got to the bottom of the case, but was solved by moving the HDD to the higher slot in the case.

GPU - XFX RX 580 GTS Black - This GPU is fantastic. It handles all the games I want to play between 100 and 144 FPS on High-Ultra settings, and the 8gbs of VRAM for under $200 made it such a great choice.

Case - Fractal Design Meshify C TG - This case is beautiful. The TG side panel makes it easy to see into the build, the dust filters will be great for keeping it clean, and cable management was super easy due to the many cable-tie tie-down points.

PSU - EVGA Supernova G3 750W - Fairly simple PSU. I went with this specific brand and model because I have heard and seen how great the cables look, the 80+ Gold certification, and the 750 watts so I don't have to deal with buying a new PSU any time soon.

Monitor - Asus XF270H Bbmiiprzx - This monitor has great viewing angles, and 144hz + Freesync which pairs very nicely with the RX 580.

Issues

There is a port on the motherboard that stopped me from using one of the cable holes, so I had to route the GPU cable in a weird way.

The 90° angled SATA cable made it difficult to plug in the HDD.

The biggest issue I had was with playing games. While gaming, the screen would randomly go black for like 2 seconds and then go back to normal. I tried turning up the fan speeds because I thought it was a heat issue, I turned down graphics settings, and nothing worked. I tried the computer on a different monitor and it worked fine, and so I swapped out the included DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor for an HDMI cable I had laying around, and my problem was solved.

This PC was so much fun to build, and all of the parts were fantastic. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask, and I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Thank you for reading!

242190.3eafbe5a665ed66f7a08d87a909c9a2e.1600.jpg

242190.71cfcb08f9fff89e5cb66b91a969a0dc.1600.jpg

242190.859ed1980398fecc0ccafe46bffa4c60.1600.jpg

242190.2369a795107ed93c1fb1a6051165f467.1600.jpg

242190.47006e3e299e70868ddb1c581d29a0b4.1600.jpg

Looks like someone did his homework before putting a PC together. Although I see no issue for routing GPU cable through the bottom cable hole where your SATA cables went through.

Great clean build. There is that fan cable on the bottom right that I would re-route through the back too. And that GPU cable. Everything else is spot on.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

15 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Looks like someone did his homework before putting a PC together. Although I see no issue for routing GPU cable through the bottom cable hole where your SATA cables went through.

Great clean build. There is that fan cable on the bottom right that I would re-route through the back too. And that GPU cable. Everything else is spot on.

Thanks for the response. There was a header in the way of the whole and so it was impossible for me to route the GPU cable there edit: impossible for ne to route the GPU cable there without removing the motherboard, believe me I tried. And I'll look into the fan cable, thanks!