Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

weird frame drops in fortnite

Airpewdiepie
 Share

i was playing fortnite and noticed an AWFUL frame drops, from 20 fps to 4 and it lasts about a minute

My specs:

Intel celeron N2840 2c/2t

Intel HD

4gb of ddr3 ram 1300 mhz

windows 7 pro (installed 3 days ago( not activated tho))

please someone help me diagnose what could be causing it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Play at a lower resolution and/or lower settings. Change your power plan to high performance and see what happens.

 

Don't expect much with Intel HD Graphics tbh.

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, r2724r16 said:

Play at a lower resolution and/or lower settings. Change your power plan to high performance and see what happens.

 

Don't expect much with Intel HD Graphics tbh.

i am playing on 800x600 and on 40% internal res, i have high performance power plan enabled

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, OnyxArmos said:

Intel HD Graphics is the reason

but it keeps it on 20-30 fps on lowest settings, and suddenly theres smth that makes it go to 4 fps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Airpewdiepie said:

but it keeps it on 20-30 fps on lowest settings, and suddenly theres smth that makes it go to 4 fps

Does it happen when you jump out of the battle bus? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OnyxArmos said:

Does it happen when you jump out of the battle bus? 

no, then i get normal fps, actually then its the most stable. it happens randomly, even in creative

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MysteriousAeon said:

You need a better PC.

i know that, but i cant get one, so i would like to know whats happeneing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Airpewdiepie said:

i know that, but i cant get one, so i would like to know whats happeneing

Your PC isn't powerful enough for Fortnite, that's what's happening. Random FPS drops wouldn't surprise me in a rig like that. You might be overheating or it might just be that the components aren't powerful enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MysteriousAeon said:

Your PC isn't enough for Fortnite, that's what's happening. Random FPS drops wouldn't surprise me in a rig like that. You might be overheating or it might just be that the components aren't enough.

i am not overheating, and i have minimum requirements, and recomemnded, but i dont have 4 cores

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MysteriousAeon said:

Your PC isn't powerful enough for Fortnite, that's what's happening. Random FPS drops wouldn't surprise me in a rig like that. You might be overheating or it might just be that the components aren't powerful enough.

I don't think it's possible for a Celeron to overheat unless you don't have a cooler attached to it. Dual core with no HT? And HD graphics? Recipe for disaster.

@Airpewdiepie surely you could get a GTX 750 off eBay for like $40

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Airpewdiepie said:

i am not overheating, and i have minimum requirements, and recomemnded, but i dont have 4 cores

Fortnite's minimum requirements are an i3 2.4 GHz, 4 GBs of RAM and an Intel HD 4000. Your Celeron N2840 isn't enough and gaming on an iGPU isn't a good idea to begin with. The minimum requirements aren't for optimal performance, they're exactly what the name means, "minimum".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, fasauceome said:

I don't think it's possible for a Celeron to overheat unless you don't have a cooler attached to it. Dual core with no HT? And HD graphics? Recipe for disaster.

@Airpewdiepie surely you could get a GTX 750 off eBay for like $40

ok, but then i need to get the "beast" or GDC EXP, and a psu, then i will only buy the gpu, and i  cant get money

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Airpewdiepie said:

ok, but then i need to get the "beast" or GDC EXP, and a psu, then i will only buy the gpu, and i  cant get money

I'm not sure what any of this means, but you can just slap a 750 into any system, it's super low power.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, fasauceome said:

I'm not sure what any of this means, but you can just slap a 750 into any system, it's super low power.

even a laptop without the crap i said? i dont think so

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, fasauceome said:

I'm not sure what any of this means, but you can just slap a 750 into any system, it's super low power.

A GDC EXP is an externel GPU dock for laptops. OP probably has a laptop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

A GDC EXP is an externel GPU dock for laptops. OP probably has a laptop.

Correct! You just won a cookie!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Airpewdiepie said:

even a laptop without the crap i said? i dont think so

Now I see.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×