I'm buying new pc, any suggestions??

Go to solution Solved by Shreyas1,

if you want to upgrade your CPU, you need new ram, mobo, etc.

I would suggest the r5 2600, it is perfect for your use case and is cheaper than the 8400 with close enough performance. I would also pick up a b450 board and oc the CPU

for ram, I would suggest 2x8 GB of ddr4

For graphics, try to find a gtx 1080 or if you're lucky, get a 1080ti

Hi there, 

So I think time has come for me to replace my old machine with a new one, you can see my current build and tell me what is best replacement for it, PC is used mostly for gaming and programing (Unity and Java), some video editing in future if I decide to start a youtube channel, nothing big! Mostly gaming on 1080p but if possible 1440p if I can find monitor within my buget! At this moment Gtx 960 can run most of games with no problem, but I would like something better! My decision to replace PC is old CPU and MoBo! I'm Intel user all my life and I don't know what to think about new AMD Cpus so I'm here asking, what is better way to go, full red team or blue and green or red and green? My buget is 1050$, but there is a problem, I'm from Croatia where PC components are about 10-25% more expensive then on amazon!

Ryzen 5 5600x @ stick with stock cooler

Zotac GTX 1080 ti 11GB AMP Extreme

G.SKILL 2×8GB 4000MHz

Aourus Gigabyte B550 Master

BeQuite 600W Pure Power 11

Win 10 Pro

if you want to upgrade your CPU, you need new ram, mobo, etc.

I would suggest the r5 2600, it is perfect for your use case and is cheaper than the 8400 with close enough performance. I would also pick up a b450 board and oc the CPU

for ram, I would suggest 2x8 GB of ddr4

For graphics, try to find a gtx 1080 or if you're lucky, get a 1080ti

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

I’d suggest waiting 2 weeks for CES, AMD are likely releasing new products that would likely be cheaper and better than current options(by a landslide, according to leaks). If you really can’t wait for it, then maybe something like this?

27 minutes ago, Folen said:

I'm Intel user all my life and I don't know what to think about new AMD Cpus so I'm here asking, what is better way to go, full red team or blue and green or red and green? 

Generally for Intel vs AMD CPUs, Intel ones are more expensive than their AMD counterparts(i9-9900k is more expensive than Ryzen 7 2700X, i5-9600k is more expensive than Ryzen 5 2600X etc.) However, Intel CPUs perform better in most games.

For Nvidia GPUs vs AMD GPUs, AMD often has options in the midrange of cards that are cheaper than Nvidia’s midrange, and perform similarly or better.(RX 580 8GB performs similarly to GTX 1060 6GB, and is $20 cheaper) However, Nvidia still has GPUs that are more efficient and powerful in the high end level, like GTX 1080Ti, RTX 2080/Ti etc.

If you want a 1440p monitor, I would liquidate your video card and buy a newer one. Unless you're playing older or non-demanding games, you'll be taking a performance hit, or you'll want to scale the resolution down. Which kind of defeats half the purpose of the new monitor. Just an imo for you